Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Intelli Consulting Services SPRL
You will contribute to a variety of exciting projects ranging from designing robust and fully automated ETL/ELT processes to building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data. You have a passion for designing, implementing and operating stable, scalable and efficient solutions to flow data from disparate sources into data lake, and make sure Datamodelling are handled as per standards. You, as the Data Architect, will influence data architecture and technology decisions for best practices.
- Conducting Datamodelling sessions with business and technology representatives to identify data and usage requirements,
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of a set of related logical models that represent the way our business works,
- Performing detailed data analysis required for creation and validation of the models,
- Working with analysts and development teams to define and document physical data structures,
- Responsible for metadata capture, gating, and rationalization,
- Build a scalable distributed data store that will be central source of truth,
- Own data quality for the pipelines and make them auditable,
- Build self-service tools that helps the business users to extract, analyze and visualize data faster and perform advanced analysis,
What do you need to do the job?
- BS/MS with quantitative focus (eg Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience,
- 5+ year experience performing logical Datamodelling for a variety of subject areas,
- Demonstrated experience modelling for a big data analytics environment, cloud databases like Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift or Snowflake is highly desirable
- Thorough understanding of both SQL and NoSQL physical implementations,
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of multiple modelling techniques (star schema, data vault, snowflake, etc.)
- Advanced data analysis and profiling skills,
- Experience with Shell Scripting/Crontab.
Bonus Points for;
- Experience in designing ETL/data pipeline solutions (AWS Glue/Apache Airflow preferred),
- Experience with AWS Cloud Formation is a plus,
- An eye for automation and instrumentation in all data-related aspects,
- Positive outlook towards work, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment.
Who are we looking for?
We want to work with people who are passionate about big Datamodelling, building data warehouse platforms, enjoy solving complex analytical problems - all in a challenging, fast paced environment. You should have a solid professional background in data architecture, and a deep understanding of databases. Given the versatile nature of the role, we're looking for someone who enjoys working with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
- Type: Contract
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months + extension
- Daily rate: Negotiable
- Location: Remote + client site post covid