DevOps Infrastructure Consultant
Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Eolas Recruitment
12 month daily rate contract for a DevOps Infrastructure Architect who would be responsible for the development and testing of software defined infrastructure solutions - the design, development and delivery of software enabled and controlled infrastructure elements.
- Develop, support, and improve tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Strong knowledge of networks, compute, cloud, virtualization, network infrastructure, telecom networks, circuits, datacentre technologies and best practices.
- Delivery on Service Level Agreements and maintaining solution performance and operation for all software defined infrastructure services.
- Internal and external infrastructure virtualization as well as the latest monitoring techniques.
- Utilize various open-source technologies.
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Build independent web-based tools, micro-services and solutions.
- Provide support and training for developers, quality engineers, system engineers, and project/product managers.
- Fluent in at least one Scripting language, preferably Terraform, PowerShell, ARM, python. SHELL or Perl are acceptable
- Proficient in different application stack architectures and environments
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centres
- At least moderate UNIX skills
Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
- Cloud Technologies.
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)
- Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Bachelor's Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent