Senior Java Applications Developer
Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Java Applications Developer. Candidate will join a team creates and maintains web and desktop applications that augment and integrate Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions. Primary solutions are internally business facing to support our engineering processes.
- Accountable for completing data deliverables including mapping and strategy documentation, technical specifications for migration tools, and feedback on migration testing success.
- Develop required migration tools as needed to convert XML to XML and import into destination system.
- Execute mock data migration rehearsals and works closely with the product owners and data SMEs on data verification.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Partner with business representatives to ensure requirements are well understood and documented to achieve successful delivery.
- Actively work with the software development manager and architecture managers to align to a consistent technology vision and drive application development standards.
- Research and recommend database development best practices
- Facilitate peer-programming and design sessions/reviews with team members.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Foster and be a leader of a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with other Application Developers on problem analysis and resolution and provide support as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to others.
- Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
- Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, ie, Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, professional, and able to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under minimal direct supervision.
- 8+ years of experience developing in Java and using object-oriented development practices.
- 5+ years of experience developing web-based applications using Java.
- 5+ years of experience working with web services (REST JSON).
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle development (queries, stored procedures, packages).
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated build/test tools
- Broad and deep understanding of application Servers including experience with configuration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Java 8+/OpenJDK
- Java Application Servers (JBoss/WildFly, TomEE, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Java Web Services, both SOAP (JAX-WS) & REST (JAX-RS, RESTEasy, Spring)
- Maven (preferred) or Ant, Gradle and version control (Git preferred)
- Experience with any of the following technologies preferred:
- Spring/Spring Boot
- SSIS or other ETL processing tools
- C# application development experience
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Design
- Team Foundation Services/Azure DevOps
- PL/SQL development