French Speaking Data Analyst
Posted on Mar 15, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
French Speaking Data Analyst/Belgium/6 months/Start ASAP
Within the Location Insights team in my clients Advanced Telco Services (ATS), you will be in charge of delivering location-based insights to businesses (B2B), using big data sources (mobile network and IoT) and open data.
You will translate business requests into big data requirements and extract the needed big data from multiple data sources to perform your analyses. Your analyses will transform the data into meaningful insights for external customers, supporting their strategic decision making.
You will explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources, go through all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight. You do not simply collect and report on data, but also look at it from many angles, determine what it means, and then you recommend ways to apply the data. There will be lots of opportunity to research and drive innovation by digging in our challenging data sources.
You contribute to the overall efficiency by developing data marts and procedures that further automate the delivery of recurrent reports and analyses, from data extraction to visualisation.
You suggest new types of data analyses, look for inspiration in other sectors and companies, and contribute to the overall knowledge building of the Business Intelligence team.
You will present your results and conclusions, to discuss them with multi-functional project teams (marketing, project management,), and to communicate to a technical as well as non-technical audience.
* You have a Master degree in a quantitative oriented discipline: data science, computer science, geography, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or related field.
* Expert knowledge in Python (especially pandas) and SQL is a must.
* Solid knowledge and experience in the following fields, or similar experience:
o Big Data: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark
o Geo-Spatial Analytics: QGIS, Postgis, geo Python libraries (geopandas, fiona, folium,).
o Visualisation tools: Python libraries (matplotlib, bokeh,) or typical BI software (PowerBI, Tableau).
o Mobile networks or telecom experience is a plus.
o Risk assessment on privacy flaws in data and understanding and caring about the privacy rules and legislation, internal and external.
* Nice to have:
o Experience with Airflow.
o Machine Learning capabilities (we currently have use cases in anomaly detection and clustering).
o Expertise in the Azure stack (especially DataBricks) or similar cloud environment.
o Experience with the software engineering life cycle (git, JIRA,).
* You have a good mix of business skills (to understand requirements of marketing, product management, strategy) and technical/IT skills (to dig into large volumes of (un)structured data), able to bridge data, technology and business questions.
* You love researching, measuring, analysing and quantifying things. You spontaneously look for patterns in data. You like precision but you are not afraid to make an educated guess.
* You are good at visualizing data and making impactful presentations. You can easily express your ideas in writing or in meetings, also to non-data experts.
* You are a team player and you stay cool under pressure in peak times.
* You allocate your time efficiently and can manage several projects in parallel.
* You are fluent in English & French. Dutch is a plus.