Posted on Mar 15, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
We are currently looking for a data engineer for Shell Oil/Gas the Hague, the Netherlands. This is a contracting role fora bout 6 months with the possibility to extend. Due to Covid19 you will work remotely.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
The Data engineer will work alongside the Data Science Lead and will be responsible to support the development of cutting edge algorithms using the latest big data and machine learning technology. As the Data engineer, you will ingest structured, semi-structured and unstructured batch- and Real Time data from numerous data sources into the newly yet to be designed data platform. The Data engineer will use the latest auto deployment, testing and monitoring techniques. The data engineer will work closely with the Solution Architect and Data Architect to design the big data platform.
Tools and stacks where you work with:
Responsibilities are for example:
- Work together with the Solution- and Data Architect to design the next generation big data platform to support the digital marketing platform.
- Design and implement a new big data solution which supports high amounts- and velocity of data, supports future growth, use latest big data technologies/techniques, is cloud supported and in-line with Shell's strategies.
- Design and implement modern data pipelines to extract, clean and process data in batch and Real Time from different data sources.
- Use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to eg deploy new data pipelines and add data sources.
- Help establish best practices around data governance, data security- and privacy (GDPR).
- Work together with the solution- and data architect to the define the target data strategy.
Are you interested in this role or do you want to hear more? Please reply then ASAP with your latest resume. I also have an detailed job description available.
Hope to hear from you soon and have a great day,
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.