Big Data Architect
Posted on Mar 14, 2021 by Source Technology
We are looking for both a Big Architect and Big Data Support Analyst for a global client in Zurich.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement of existing big data platform (size > 5PB) hosted on Cloudera stack.
- Adding data nodes, Cloudera services, and support.
- Handling hive, impala, Spark processing issues.
- Integration of API calls with Hadoop and analytical processing layer, using python and Shell Scripting.
- Setting jobs for cluster-admin automation.
- Platform tenant support, such as access, setting up new Control-M jobs, onboarding tenants, resolving security/access issues.
- setting up jobs for feed transfer, ingestions.
- knowledge of Hadoop components such as HDFS, Spark, HUE, Impala, Hive, HBase, and Kafka.
- Should able to understand Hadoop security such as Kerberos, impersonification, ACLs, etc.
- Basic programming skills in python and Shell.
- Should know batch processing framework such as Rundeck, control M.
- Strong Unix skills will be an advantage
- Hadoop admin using Cloudera will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills as well as a very detailed and efficient work approach