Senior Data Analyst
Posted on Mar 14, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this 6+ month contract role, no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Data Analyst. Candidate will perform data collection, analysis, validation and reporting. Designs, tests, and documents processes, SQL queries, and stored procedures. Extracts and analyzes data from various sources, including databases, manual files, and external websites. Responds to data inquiries from various groups within an organization. Creates and publishes regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports. Documents reporting requirements and processes and validates data components as required. Candidate will equip leadership with information to make data driven business decisions.
Candidate will drive business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance. Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems. Use analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts of potential costs, risks, and profits of new business initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of reporting and/or analytics experience OR,
- Master's degree and at least 3 years of reporting and/or data analytics experience OR,
- At least 7 years of reporting and/or analytics experience. Advanced Transact SQL; experience on Hadoop/Hive environment a plus
- Advanced Experience and Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, and Microsoft Power BI
- Strong proficiency with reporting tools such as Microsoft SSRS, Business Objects, and Cognos BI Report Studio
- Strong data analysis skills including skills to rapidly learn new data assets. Knowledge of COUNTRY differentiated data assets and technology delivery platforms or equivalent industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of data design concepts (ie data modelling, data mapping).
- Proficiency with analysis and output verification techniques
- Familiarity of relational database systems (eg Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Teradata). Data Engineering experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be a team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a positive, patient, and professional demeanor.
- Strong operational, organizational, analytical, and technical skills.
- Ability to own and maintain solutions at all levels of the traditional BI stack.
- Experience working in an agile framework.
- Experience with R, Python.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.