Data Governance Officer
Posted on Mar 13, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Governance Officer vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 3+ years of experience working closely with data, either in a business analysis or data engineering function, ideally in the Finance industry
- Strong technical knowledge of data query and transformation languages such as SQL and Python
- Previous experience of rolling out data catalogue solution such as Colibra and Alation
- Knowledge of data models, database design development and data mining techniques are advantageous as well as know-how in reporting and data analysis tools
- Understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment or metadata management
- Expertise of working with agile software development
- University Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Management, Data Science, Econometrics or equivalent
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Working together with data and application owners and users, contributing to the creation and maintenance of the technical metadata and data model for a specific application, universe, data mart or data set
- Playing an active role as member of the data governance working group which is established for specific improvement projects including rollout of an data catalogue system
- Reporting periodically to the Data Governance Board on the results of work undertaken by the working group
- Working with the business to define the appropriate capture, usage, and business rules for all assigned data elements
- Contributing to the development of data policies, standards and principles as well as creating, documenting and providing input to technical requirements
- Managing the design, build and test data management and data governance supporting technology solutions
- Raising awareness of the value of corporate data as an asset and promotes good governance, definition, quality and organisation of data
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.