Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Mar 13, 2021 by Prospective
Full Stack Engineer
At Prospective, we combine distributed computing, simulation and machine learning to recreate the second by second dynamics of city transport networks. These mirror worlds give both people and autonomous agents the ability to foresee the near future of the flows of people, goods and vehicles in the environment around them and adjust their behaviour accordingly.
Using this technology, we are currently building FlowOS, a system that combines a powerful but beautiful Optimisation as a Service for public transport, and a real-time autonomous dispatch system. FlowOS is being adopted by some of the biggest public transport operators in Europe to streamline both planning and day to day transit operations. We are looking for a great full stack developer to join us at an exciting time as we roll FlowOS to our client.
We're a fast growing and diverse team of entrepreneurs, software engineers, data scientists and simulation experts, driven by a shared desire to improve the world around us, to bring something impactful and unique to market and to create a rewarding, fun working environment. Our culture is built around mutual respect, a drive to delight our customers and a passion for innovation. We value independent thinking, hard work and honesty.
We would like you to help us bridge the front- and back-end of our product.
On the front-end side, you will help us build browser-based interfaces that people will love interacting with for many hours every day.? On the backend side, you will create microservices that interface with or process complex, ever changing data.
You will take a lead in designing, implementing, testing and deploying the front- and backend components of our products, working in a fast paced, iterative development process.
You will have the freedom to determine the most appropriate tools and technologies needed to get the job done and influence the long term strategy for product engineering.
You will be working within a cross-functional team where you will share responsibility for software development, integration and deployment process, ensuring the quality and reliability of the product.
Over time, we are planning on growing a dedicated web development team that will take ownership of building robust, scalable, customer-facing software. Regardless of the team configuration, we would like to see you taking ownership and technical leadership.
We offer in-house and external training opportunities and are keen to support the further career development of our employees.
What we are looking for:
- Solid commercial experience in full-stack development of single-page and interactive web applications. We invite you to apply if you have 2+ years of experience; if you are more (or much more!) experienced than that, you can expect to be hired to a more senior role.
- Someone who is genuinely comfortable with both front- and backend work, and happy for the mix between the two to shift over time.
- Commercial experience with Node.js.
- Experience with an OOP language, preferably Python.
- Experience working with RESTful interfaces.
- Strong grasp of web and distributed architecture.
- Understanding of client-side performance and cross browser compatibility.
- Experience using databases.
- Experience with testing framework(s), preferably with TDD/BDD.
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership of projects.
- You can offer your opinion and respectfully reason with people, but equally commit to the direction decided by the majority after being heard.
We are passionate about excellence and continuously looking for powerful ideas, fresh perspectives and incredible talent in all directions. Prospective is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
To apply please, please click apply now.
Please provide links to GitHub repository and/or a Portfolio, if you have them.
Please note that appointment will be subject to standard pre-employment screening including right-to-work, proof of identity and references. Any personal data submitted as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £80k Annual
£65k - £95k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£70k - £70k Annual
£50k - £95k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£90k - £100k Annual