Azure Data Engineer
Posted on Mar 10, 2021 by Insight International (UK) Ltd.
Dutch language Mandatory
- As an Azure Data Engineer, you have a passion for working with data.
- Your ultimate goal is to make clean and usable data available to our regulators and other users to support the monitoring process.
- You have an eye for technology, but you are also a discussion partner for those who depend on data.
- You are someone who sees data as a business asset and from this vision you are driven to do both further develop and professionalize cloud technology as capabilities.
Because data is rarely available ready to use and is offered in different shapes and sizes, you feel more than at home in data assessment and data preparation.
You know the different possibilities of data storage and the ways to access them.
You are familiar with working with the Cloud environment (MS Azure) and data processing patterns in this environment.
You are a team player who enjoys working with others to ensure that the AFM fulfills its ambition to become a data-driven regulator.
After all, it is all about providing the regulator with optimal support task with the use of data.
As an Azure Data Engineer, you are responsible for:
PLEASE NOTE: we are looking for a highly experienced Azure Data Engineer who has extensive experience with Azure and is familiar with working in this environment.
- Implement structural data processing for supervisory processes in multidisciplinary teams.
- Design and set up generic capabilities for the Managed Data Platform.
- Assess data quality from external sources and implement cleaning steps.
- Supporting the users of the data.
- Advising in and implementing solutions for complex data models and data analyzes using cloud technology (Azure).
- High quality of data processing software and minimization of technical debt.
- A (pro) active contribution to the multidisciplinary DevOps team and further development of DevOps practices.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Translating (complex) problems into workable generic solutions
- Propose ideas for the translation of questions into MS Azure cloud solutions and in this way create solutions that meet the stated wishes and requirements
- Determining a development approach based in part on best practices and industry standards
- Ensuring high quality and documentation of projects
- Provide solicited and unsolicited advice to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Communicate/coordinate with different disciplines (architect, data/business analyst, supervisor)
As an Azure Data Engineer you develop and realize the Managed Data Platform within the current Spot-on (Azure) platform with the following components (and processes) as scope:
- Data security.
- Data cataloging.
- Data processing and editing (Data Patterns)
- Data development
- Data Virtualization.
- Making the data accessible to (end) users.
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/DevSecOps.