Second and Third Shift Production Associates
Posted on Mar 9, 2021 by Superior Roll Forming
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Operates Production machines [non-mills] or assists Operators and Team Leads to achieve production goals at quality standards.
- Run various production machines and produce quality parts at production rates.
- Inspect parts visually or with a gauge per instructions. May be tasked to sort or rework parts.
- Carry out basic setup operations, parameter adjustments, or troubleshooting.
- Packs finished products. May be tasked to repack parts.
- Keep accurate counts of parts processed.
- Keep accurate Quality inspection logs.
- May be required to float into other Production departments as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for total quality of products and services and is authorized to stop work when a nonconformance is noted.
- Perform assigned quality system functions as specified in QMS procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Observe established EHS regulations, procedures and practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Set up assigned production machines
- Read and follow work instructions
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Materials: Read certs and measure raw material
- Inspecting: Use of quality gauges and tools
- Basic math skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail, record keeping accuracy
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, coolant or airborne particles and is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Excessive walking, bending, standing, climbing, reaching and lifting.
- Ability to visually inspect parts and use of hands to use measuring gauges.
- Ability to run machines and equipment safely and efficiently.