Posted on Mar 7, 2021 by Sinara
Sinara Consultants are expanding their software development team and are now recruiting for experienced and talented Senior Software Engineers.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and is an opportunity to become an integral part of the software development team and be instrumental as technical lead across the full software development life cycle in a variety of projects.
You will have three or more years' experience working in a company developing a range of full-stack software applications.
Who are we?
We are Sinara Consultants, a trusted provider of software for financial market data and trading-related systems to financial securities exchanges and financial institutions. Sinara's software systems are a mixture of bespoke software applications and software products.
About the Role
You will be an integral part of the software development team, working in partnership with the project manager, you will have responsibility for creating innovative, high quality, reliable bespoke applications from the requirements stage all the way to support hand-over.
As Technical team lead you will manage, support and mentor other team members.
The role has a wide range of responsibilities including but not restricted to:
- Technical project lead
- Systems analysis and specification writing
- System and component design
- Writing, testing, and supporting high quality code
- Technical mentoring of other project team members
- Client-facing interaction such as requirement and review meetings
Your essential skills
We are looking for senior software engineers who can demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Impressive C# and .Net/.NetCore skills
- OOP programming techniques
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Familiarity with iterative and agile software development methodologies
- Managing and mentoring teams of software developers
- Database design and implementation
- Developing in a Windows-based environment
- Writing detailed functional specifications
Your desirable skills
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of SignalR, Vue.js, or equivalent such as React, Angular
- Strong C++ skills
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of financial trading, market data and distribution protocols e.g. FIX
- Developing cloud-based SaaS applications
- Developing in a Linux-based development environment
- Client-facing interaction such as requirement, status, and review meetings
You will be a practical and inquisitive person with an interest in technology and understanding the business drivers behind the solutions that Sinara builds.
You will have a can-do, hands-on approach and the attitude to meet project deadlines in our challenging, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- An enthusiasm for getting the job done without compromising accuracy or quality
- A pride in your code, your testing, your team management, and an excellent attention to detail
- Able to work in a closely-knit team whilst also self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- To always be thinking about the bigger picture and the wider implications of the software projects that you are involved in
- Effective presentational and organisational skills
Although your academic qualifications are not critically important, you will be dealing with technically able colleagues who set high standards.
What we offer
- A salary between £55,000 and £70,000 per year, depending on relevant experience
- Six-monthly profit-related bonus scheme
- Service-related bonus scheme
- Option for additional support-related pay
- Half yearly career review and annual salary review
- Opportunity for career progression
- 25 days paid holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Company lunches and social events
- A friendly, collaborative, and motivated working environment
- Free coffee, teas, and fruit when office-based
- An MSc support programme
- A flexible remote working policy
- Cycle friendly - CWS, shower, secure bike storage
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week.
Some more about Sinara
Sinara is a well-established London-based software house providing software development services and software products to exchanges, financial institutions and market data vendors. We combine strong technical expertise with a pragmatic, flexible approach to deliver and support business-critical IT systems. We are based just south of Tower Bridge and are well located in the thriving Bermondsey district with excellent transport links including quick and easy access to London Bridge.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or relationship status.