Posted on Mar 4, 2021 by Foundry4
The Panoply Group's key strategy for FY 21 is to build and launch a new technology focussed brand - Foundry4. Foundry4 brings together some of the most innovative and successful technology companies in the group (The Panoply Plc) into a collaborative, technology services company. It is divisionally organised but works together to exploit an operating model that is light, agile. Our divisions swarm around customers' problems. At Foundry4 we support organisations to deliver transformative change with precision and pace. We help organisations deliver more by effectively harnessing the combined power of people and technology. Together we accelerate growth and deliver sustainable change.
Foundry4 was formed in October 2020 bringing together four existing Panoply businesses Arthurly, Disruption, Not Binary and human+.
F4's immediate focus for growth is to broaden and promote its capabilities in product management, multi-cloud, automation, managed services and experience before the end of the current financial year.
General Description of the Role
Foundry 4 is creating a groundbreaking technology consulting business to deliver mission critical cloud technology and engineering solutions for our clients that enable greater adaptiveness in an uncertain world. To this end we are taking a blended delivery approach consisting of internal capabilities and partners, and we are presenting an opportunity for you to be part of something special.
We are looking for passionate software engineers who care about software quality and craftsmanship. We want people who have working knowledge of the latest trends and are able to select and adopt the right technology solutions. We are looking for people who are strong advocates of robust engineering practices and love learning new skills.
As Principal Engineer you will work with our clients and specialist teams to consult and deliver mission-critical, deep technical solutions across the enterprise. You will promote the highest quality engineering practices, taking a lead role to deliver innovative technical solutions to bring about business change and helping to drive the agile refinement practices we believe to be the basis of efficient delivery.
- As a polyglot engineer, lead and work on enterprise scale, custom, multi-tier
services using multiple languages such as .Net Core, Node, Python and Java
- Lead on software quality, drive the technical vision, and ensure customers are satisfied
- Champion agile principles and practices; and setup and enforce CI/CD pipelines
- Build and nurture excellent relationships with the wider business
- Facilitate problem solving and work with the team to deliver solutions
- Work in an ambitious and dynamic team embracing the latest approaches and
- Support the set up and leadership of our own engineering expertise, culture, and delivery capabilities
- Be a key, senior lead in our high-performing internal engineering capability
- Help our clients modernise their architecture and core technologies
- Consult on engineering good practice and quality standards
- Take a lead technical role on the delivery of new architecture solutions and products
- As a coach and mentor, encourage and support engineers to grow and achieve high-quality engineering standards and make a positive difference to the team and culture
- Contribute to our insights and subject matter expertise offerings
Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on development experience with a broad range of languages, frameworks, and technologies,
- Technology and platform agnostic perspective
- Passionate about robust software engineering practice and craftsmanship
- A proven track record with OO programming, including design patterns and integration at an enterprise level
- Experience with Agile, CD approaches and industry good practice such as CI, TDD, and BDD etc.
- Working knowledge of clean code approaches such as refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, and encapsulation
- Experience working in a progressive and innovative environment
- Ability to work in a variety of collaborative team environments
- Broad and deep enterprise engineering expertise
- Strong track record delivering enterprise solutions on Azure and / or other cloud providers
- Working knowledge of serverless capabilities
This is a permanent role based from home and client site as appropriate (depending
on COVID-19 restrictions and work requirements).
At Foundry4 we are united by a desire to help our clients thrive in the digital economy, a love of learning and a focus on commercial success. Beyond these common threads we want to be inclusive to people, partners and clients with the widest range of backgrounds and perspectives. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
However you identify and wherever you're from, you can belong here. What's most important to us is having a dynamic team who live our values of collaboration and excellence every day. And we're completely committed to fostering an open, supportive and inclusive culture where everyone can focus on just being themselves while also reaching their full potential.
If you are interested in learning more about this role or would like to apply, please contact Sarah Williams, Head of People & Inclusion by clicking apply now.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £80k Annual
£95k - £120k Annual
£75k - £80k Annual
£75k - £80k Annual
£95k - £105k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£95k - £105k Annual
£95k - £105k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual