Posted on Mar 3, 2021 by Magnuson Hotels
About the Company
Magnuson Hotels, an 18 year old global company with corporate headquarters in London UK and Spokane Washington USA is searching for a Lead Developer with experience to join our team. You will work closely with our leadership team including Technology/Distribution, Business Development, Revenue Management and Operations to manage the necessary maintenance and new development on two websites; and .
The primary task will be to undertake a review of our existing infrastructure for the B2C and B2B site applications and services, focusing solely on the underlying software and databases (full stack development). Research of the current capabilities of the sites must be undertaken, and recommendations for any enhancements required to the current platform or any technological requirements are expected in a short period of time.
Maintenance and development of both sites will be managed by this role, the work can be particularly varied with many projects to work on simultaneously. This will be a remote role, working from your own location.
As a Lead Developer, you will be required to:
- Understand the written code in one or more programming or scripting languages mainly for web development and API integrations
- Gather requirements from clients and users on new requirements for the business and features for the 2 websites
- Plan and prototype new applications and features
- Understand and enhance the design, architecture and performance of the websites
- Have a solid testing process to test sites and applications in different browsers and environments so as to ensure no bugs and issues are present.
- Work with stakeholders to solve bugs, and troubleshoot
- Run performance benchmarking tests.
- Work with a variety of API integrations between different third-party applications.
- Stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
- Look after the SSL and malicious traffic intrusions.
- Look after any hosting requirements and enhancements required to ensure no down is experienced on the sites.
- Experienced in cloud-based Python Django software products.
- 4+ years' experience of Python coding skills.
- 3+ years' experience developing Angular JS applications and framework.
- 4+ years' experience in PHP.
- Good experience with HTML, XML, JASON and CSS.
- Good experience with WordPress and managing custom themes.
- Good understanding of technical SEO best practice.
- Must know how to work with preprocessors and task managers like Sass and Gulp.
- Experienced in architectural, design and product implementation.
- Experienced in working with APIs, both RESTful and SOAP as well as the ability to create RESTful APIs.
- Experience in using Git version, syn control and command line
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure knowledge is a must
- Strong understanding of SOLID design principles and interfaces (plugins, node, etc)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £65k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£60k - £68k Annual
£14.5 - £14.5 Hourly
£60k - £68k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£17.4k - £23.8k Annual