Principal Solutions Architect
Posted on Mar 1, 2021 by Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you'll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you'll do meaningful work you're passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities, consultation and documentation that guide the application development community through a portfolio of technology components and varying deployment patterns. Works collaboratively to design, document and request delivery of multiple concurrent, highly technical and financially visible, complex projects. These projects will leverage multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
The solutions architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading activities, consultation and documentation that guide the application development community through a portfolio of technology components and varying deployment patterns.
How You'll Do It
- Derives, challenges, and is able to comprehend and speak to detailed IT customer/application requirements.
- Works collaboratively to design, document, and request delivery of, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments.
- Manages multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel.
- Proactively seeks out and works to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted.
- Understands, communicates, and challenges standards and processes where appropriate.
- Maintains working knowledge of IT industry and trends.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture direction
- Provide "voice of the client," monitoring current portfolio, identifying deficiencies or misalignment with business requirements thereby influencing production roadmap and feature prioritization
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance
- Work closely with the program management offices to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is promised. Proactively seek out and work to solve/avoid technical issues before project timelines are impacted
- Manage multiple project engagements and priorities autonomously and in parallel
- Understand, communicate and challenge standards and processes where appropriate
- Maintain working knowledge of IT industry (application development and infrastructure) technologies and trends
- Drive larger, more complex, design efforts that have impact to our customers …. I'm trying to get wording around the 9 being able to deal with large … complex … high visible projects.
- Familiar with multi-cloud (hybrid) deployment patterns where the control plane may span on-premises/public and public/public cloud(s).
- Contribute to the creation of new solution patterns that can be leveraged across the enterprise.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Qualifications You'll Need
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
4+ years of experience Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience, multiple technology areas
In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience, multiple technology areas
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Work collaboratively to design, document and request delivery of complex, multi-platform and multi-site/zone infrastructure environments. Derive, challenge, and be able to articulate detailed IT customer/application requirements. Design solutions will require an in-depth knowledge of various infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to:
- Hyper converged, virtual, physical, and containerized compute platforms
- Relational (Operational/Transactional/Analytical), NoSQL and In-memory datagrid database technologies
- Networking routing, load balancing, firewall, software-defined networking
- Public Cloud Native (AWS/Google) ecosystem
- Various Automation/Infrastructure as Code - CI/CD pipeline technologies #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.