Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Build Asset Management
The United States isfacing a retirement crisis, with four out of fiveworking Americans having less than one years income saved in retirement accounts.This problem is approaching a tipping point, with 10,000 baby boomers retiring every day over the next 15 years.Whether through a lack of knowledge, a lack of the rightinvestmentproducts, or mistrust in the financial system,working Americans are at risk of not reaching their retirement goals.The retirement savings industryneedsinnovative investment solutions that inspire investor confidenceand make it easy for employers to encourage savings habits that will pay off in positive retirement outcomes.
At Build Asset Management, LLC, our mission is to narrow the retirement shortfall by giving investors the tools they need to confidently save for retirement in the new investment landscape defined by low interest rates and heightened asset price volatility. In 2020 we launched a new asset class called Indexed Risk Control, a dual-mandate strategy that seeks less drawdown than comparable strategies over a full market cycle while still providing potential for upside appreciation. The strategies are comprised of a fixed income core with a long only call options overlay. The fixed income core provides capital preservation attributes, while the options overlay provides linkage to equity market upside. Unlike structured products and some defined outcome strategies, Indexed Risk Control strategies are daily tradable and available in employer-sponsored retirement plans. We believe these products give investors a higher degree of quality, confidence, and risk management than whats available in the industry today. If we succeed, investors will succeed, because they will have the tools they need to build towards a better retirementuntil its time to start living it.
_Merely measuring something has an uncanny tendency to improve it. If you want to make your user numbers go up, put a big piece of paper on your wall and every day plot the number of users. You'll be delighted when it goes up and disappointed when it goes down. Pretty soon you'll start noticing what makes the number go up, and you'll start to do more of that. Corollary: be careful what you measure._
- Paul Graham, Co-Founder, Y Combinator
Build is launching new financial products intended to narrow the retirement shortfall and our company will not succeed without thoughtfully support from a thoughtfully constructed and data-driven marketing function. At Build, we believe in taking a data-driven approach to building business functions from the ground up. As Business Analyst, you will partner closely with senior Build executives to define, implement, track, report on, and utilize data and analytics to drive sales strategy and tactics. You will be given autonomy to form actionable recommendations and develop the analyses needed to deliver results. You will act as the expert on sales automation systems, first and third-party sales data, and data reporting and visualization tools used in our day-to-day operations. Build is a startup in growth mode, so ideal candidates will be comfortable with solving ambiguity and taking a test-and-learn approach to defining their programs and goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs through Salesforce, business intelligence tools, and Excel
* Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions relating to sales and marketing, providing recommendations based upon trends or insights you find during your data analysis
* Own and develop queries and visualizations for ad hoc and recurring requests or projects
* Enable effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources, compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. Leverage your skills with Salesforce, SQL, and business intelligence tools
* Use analytical techniques to reduce sales cycle time by developing sales territories, customer segments, and other data-driven sales initiatives
* Collaborate with Data Engineers and other key data roles to develop data infrastructure needed to deliver sales results.
* Participate in recruiting and hiring bar-raising talent across all functions of the business
* Bachelors degree
* 2+ years of industry experience in business analytics, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
* Demonstrated strength gathering business requirements and translating them into analysis outputs
* Expert-level SQL knowledge to transform and query data from complex database schemas, to be tested during recruiting process
* Experience using Excel to analyze and transform data to power reports and dashboards
* Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (QuickSight, PowerBI, Tableau) to formulate metrics and build reports
Build Asset Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
 National Institute on Retirement Security: [
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k)
* Life Insurance (Basic)
* Paid Time Off and Holidays
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Training & Development
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.