Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Ascend Behavior Partners
Postdoctoral Fellow (Psychological Evaluations) in ASD
Ascend Behavior Partners partners with families to build a strong foundation for their children in early childhood and beyond. We coordinate timely access to diagnostic evaluations and provide home-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. We also offer a unique family support service, which is available throughout a familys journey with us. Ascends clinicians collaborate with other providers and proactively connect families with resources beneficial to their personalized care plan.
Ascend is a different kind of ABA, Family Services, and Psychological Services provider. We partner with our families. We prioritize our staff. We utilize technology, including telehealth, to expand access to services for all families. Our Pediatric Psychologists desire to change lives and to reduce the average age of diagnosis as part of a growing team.
We know the recent months have been uncertain and unpredictable. At Ascend, we value the health and safety of our partners and families during these difficult times. Our diagnostic team is highly innovative and adaptable, including specializing in telehealth evaluations for autism. We also have protocols in place to keep families and partners safe during in-person services, as appropriate.
* Consult with new families to determine appropriateness of Ascends services
* Perform psychological evaluations in collaboration with your clinical supervisor, including interview clients, administer diagnostic tests, and review prior medical reports
* Write individualized reports based on the results of the diagnostic evaluations
* Communicate evaluation results and recommended interventions to families
* Serve clients in office settings, clients natural environments, and remotely via telehealth
* Collaborate with Ascends Chief Clinical Officer to develop clinical programs
* Maximize a familys opportunities to access recommended interventions through proactive care coordination and collaboration with local providers
* Adhere to documentation requirements for payers and regulatory bodies and follow requirements for approved service
* Fulfill terms of clinical supervision to earn licensing hours
* Doctoral Degree from Accredited institution
* Experience working with children with developmental disabilities (Autism preferred)
* High degree of empathy to have important and difficult conversations with families
* Outstanding verbal/written communication with families, your team and other Providers
* Excellent attention to detail
* Evangelist for ethical practices, including evidence-based treatment
* Technology is in your DNA: you use it to accelerate your clients' clinical outcomes
* Passionate, enthusiastic, high-energy; you love life!
* Lifelong learner with a growth-oriented mindset
* Reliable transportation; able to travel locally and to Ascend locations in other states
* Able to pass a background check and qualified to work in the US
* Extremely positive and high-achieving work culture focused on changing lives
* Face to Face Supervision from highly experienced Licensed Child Psychologist & BCBA including, live overlaps and video review of your own assessments and cases
* Training in determining differential diagnosis for children with language disorders, ASD, ID and other early childhood disorders
* Innovation in Psychological Evaluations to improve access to Care
* Accrue hours necessary to earn full Psychologist licensure
* Lead groups of peers to advance the field
* Industry-leading compensation and benefits package
* Industry leading pay ($60k - $70k annualized base salary), PTO, and full medical benefits