Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Umbra
Umbra Lab, Inc. (Umbra) is a technology company that builds next-generation space systems. Umbra is launching an unrivaled constellation of space-based radar satellites with SAR capabilities, to produce all-weather day-night imagery with sub-meter resolution for low cost distribution via an integrated web platform. We are a bold, experienced team of developers, engineers, product specialists, and other professionals working to aggressively expand the state-of-the-art for commercial remote sensing.
We are looking for a systems-minded Lead Software Engineer in Test (SDET) to lead Umbras software testing program. As an SDET, you will own the development of testing tools and frameworks that validate the services that support our satellite constellation. You will strive to automate and integrate your testing systems with our existing CI/CD pipeline, ensuring quality of delivery and elevating development velocity.
* Work closely with engineering teams to lead the development of test plans and build the foundation of our testing infrastructure
* Integrate testing frameworks and tools with CI/CD pipeline
* Provide guidance and assistance to software developers on testing practices and how to introduce tests at the appropriate levels of the application stack
* Leverage technical expertise to shape automated testing strategies for a distributed service architecture
* Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases, networking, and security
* 5+ years of experience with programming fundamentals, test-driven development, and software design principles (Node.js, Python, Go, PostgreSQL)
* 3+ years of building and implementing test strategies, frameworks, and tools and integrating them into the CI pipeline
* Automation experience in a distributed service architecture
* Experience with API and
* Knowledge of application security vulnerabilities and best practices
* Experience with cloud, container, and orchestration technologies, including AWS, S3, EC2, SQS, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Terraform, strongly preferred
* Experience with logging and monitoring concepts and frameworks
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All persons hired will be required to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Umbra is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off
* Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
* Stock Options
* Santa Barbara, CA