7598 - SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Qualitest
Are you interested in working with the largest independent software testing company? Read on!
QualiTest is looking for an SDET in Naperville, IL
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you are an integral part of the clients Testing Organizations vision of getting Testers as an active early participant in the development lifecycle as a Test Developer. Ideally you will have the engineering flavor of a Developer with the quality mindset of a Tester. You will influence product design and the testability of new features so we can help provide an awesome experience for our users.
For this position, were asking for candidates that exemplify leadership: constant learners who motivate their peers and are self-motivated, who are positive and pragmatic, who communicate and collaborate, who execute technical direction, who take responsibility and ownership, and who are driven by the quality and success of their products. Financial experience preferred specifically in Insurance or Retirement.
Become a subject matter expert in multiple applications
Partner with feature developers and other SDETs to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure our production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
Partner with team members to ensure we are building testable applications
Collaborate across teams to drive development of Test Automation Frameworks
Assist feature developers in stabilizing our code, build and deployments
Provide guidance across the technology organization to enhance efficiency and consistently deliver our strategic vision.
Create and modify our automated scenarios by using our Frameworks
Promote quality within all aspects of development by actively participating in requirements gathering, technical design reviews, etc.
Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for Automation Frameworks
Maintain and contribute to development of test stubs, tools to enhance manual test execution
Partner with the client Testing Community to ensure they have tools for test execution
Assist in production releases
Swarm to assist any member on the team to meet our commitments
Make process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives
Thrive to understand our industry to become a stronger partner in the team and a better consultant to our partners
Drive Community of Practice activities
Investigate new testing technologies and methodologies to expand and improve product test coverage
Drive continuous integration, recommending approach and technology infrastructure and tools
Mentor SDETs and Test Engineers to spread adoption of automation strategy and best practices throughout the team.
Self-directed, as demonstrated by setting effective goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
Provide leadership, technical direction, training, information and inspiration to team members.
Participate in Sprint Planning meetings and prepare test strategy for each cycle
Create test plans and implement test automation where possible
Track and report test coverage metrics
Ideate on fundamental test practices for application testing
Execute test cases and report defects found in the issue tracking system
Organize and triage defects for developers
Accurately report out test quality metrics to Manager and scrum
Support the Business teams in its definition and prioritizing of user stories from the product backlog.
Estimate the level of effort/story points for the user stories that were selected and prioritized from the product backlog.
Based on Project team capacity, the level of effort required, and business teams prioritization, assign selected user stories to testing efforts within the sprints
Create or modify the test automation java code to automate the testing
Update the existing automation code repository and associated documentation
Execute and report the test script results and follow up on any issues found during testing.
Review of the Feature Files that contain the User Stories and Test Scenarios
Review of the Gherkin within each Test Scenario
Creation or Modification of the java methods linked to each Gherkin When clause
Creation or Modification of underlying java methods
Updates to the code repository and associated documentation related to the automation code
* MUST HAVE proficiency in JAVA, Selenium and API automation experience
* Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or similar AS degree and three years Information Technology software development experience.
* Proficient level database query development skills in SQL for Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
* Proficient level experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, Test Complete, and JMeter)
* Proficient level experience with software build and source code control tools (Maven, Subversion, Git)
* Proficient level understanding of Computer Applications and Web Coding (i.e. HTTP, XML, XSD, JSON, WSDL, REST and SOAP) (advanced) and experience with SOAP & RESTful web services testing with SoapUI
* Proficient experience working within an Agile development process from the test design, test automation, and execution perspective
* Proficient level experience working with MS Office Application Suite
* Ability to communicate effectively (written, verbal and listening skills) both within and outside of the team.
* Ability to analyze and translate requirements and development stories into automated test scripts
* Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a rapidly changing environment while demonstrating a willingness to support new technologies/systems/processes/tools.
* Ability to gather the appropriate information and use sound judgement to determine effective plans and solutions that support the project team.
* Individuals in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Have continuous access to and work with Senior Testing Specialists and Practice Experts
* Be a part of a leading testing company, globally recognized as a Visionary by Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Work with cutting edge technology in a company built by testers for testers, this is what we do!
* As a global company, we offer unique placement opportunities around the world
* Our QualiTesters are the reason for our success, we constantly encourage career development and promote from within
Intrigued to find more about us?
* Visit our website at [
* Check out our Career page:
If you like what you have read, send us your resume and lets start talking!