Posted on Feb 24, 2021 by Roland Foods
Roland Foods cultivates, facilitates, and honors relationships that inspire passion and support success in the specialty food industry. Founded in 1934, Roland Foods imports more than 1,500 products from across Asia, South America, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. At Roland Foods, we believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. We are passionate about food, and dedicated to those who grow, make, serve, and eat it. It's an exciting time to be joining the Roland Foods team, and we're looking for a team player who wants to actively contribute to our dynamic and transformative environment!
Roland Foods Business Process & Technology department is a cross-functional enablement team that partners with the companys functional leaders to create better business outcomes by implementing streamlined processes, building analytical tools, and improving system functionality. As a Business Analyst, you will get exposure to all Roland functions and learn the end-to-end mechanics of the business. In addition, you will have the opportunity to partner with functional leaders to understand key issues, then craft and implement solutions that improve productivity, efficiency, and overall success. This role is perfect for someone who is an aspiring utility player eager to develop a robust core skill set in project management, analytics, and system and technology. The Business Process & Technology team sits within Rolands Strategy & Commercial Operations department and is a key stakeholder in the companys strategic initiatives.
* Collaborate with Roland Foods functional leaders to understand issues impacting productivity for optimal decision making
* Design solutions and outline requirements to implement solutions for companywide processes, systems, and tools
* Build analytical tools that draw meaningful conclusions and develop business strategy and best practice recommendations
* Develop, write, and communicate functional specifications and business request documents (BRDs) for the implementation of process and technology improvements
* Manage end-to-end project management from initial scoping through delivery to drive overall success of the organization
* Train business leaders and end users on new technology platforms and analytical tools to support strategic initiatives
Qualifications and Skills:
* 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in an analyst, strategy, or consulting-style role
* Experience managing multiple projects both independently and part of a larger team, project management experience is a plus
* Data-driven decision maker with experience building analytical models used for key decision making
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to distill, identify takeaways, and make recommendations
* Strong proficiency in Excel required, Tableau is a plus
* Bachelors degree in Business or related field
* Critical thinker and results oriented individual
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment
* Leader excited to work collaboratively across teams
* Aptitude for technology
* Positive attitude and ability to inspire others
* Self-starter, eager to learn new things
About Roland Foods:
Founded in 1934, Roland Foods (Roland), LLC is a specialty foods importer and offers over 1,500 products from around the world. Roland is a portfolio company of Vestar Capital Partners.
To learn more about what we do and how we do it, check out our video by clicking on the link below and scrolling to the bottom of the page.