Research Analyst Intern
Posted on Feb 23, 2021 by Unltd
London, United Kingdom
£18.7k - £18.7k Annual
UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. Our mission is to find social entrepreneurs with bold solutions to today's challenges. Through funding and support, we help them to realise their potential and creating lasting change.
UnLtd's vision is a future where enterprising people are transforming our world for good. To enable this, we are committed to developing an eco-system of support to make it easier for those who need help to find it.
UnLtd values diversity and is committed to inclusion and understanding intersectionality. These are more than just buzz words for us. They are principles guiding how we build our teams, support leaders, empower social entrepreneurs and create an organisation that is the right fit for every person.
To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their lived experiences and ideas, we have embedded an equity and inclusion group within UnLtd giving us a wide range of different perspectives in our work to help us see what is most needed in society. We are particularly keen to hear from those who identify as Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, LGBTQIA, those with a disability, impairment, learning difference, those with caring responsibilities, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce.
If there is any aspect of viewing this document that is not appropriate to your user needs, then please contact and provide details to see what we can do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We think that tackling social issues is best done with a diverse group of people. Diversity in opinions and backgrounds, as well as lived experience, can help us to achieve our mission and create lasting change.
We've noticed that people without specific research training often struggle to develop research careers, despite possessing the skills, personal qualities and passion that would make them excellent researchers.
We've created this internship opportunity to address this gap. Rather than looking for a qualification in research or specific experience in a similar role, we are looking for someone who can show they have the skills, personal qualities and passion for the role.
We are looking for a curious, critical, and analytical Research Intern who is good with numbers and has an interest in society's biggest issues. You'll be highly organised and work in a structured and methodical way with strong attention to detail. You might not have formal research training or a degree.
SUMMARY OF KEY SKILLS
• You enjoy working with quant data - both the numbers and the context around the figures
• You are comfortable using Microsoft Excel (or similar packages)
• You are curious and a quick learner, able to think critically, creatively, and analytically
• You like to work in a structured and methodical way, with excellent attention to detail
• You have strong organisational skills
• You have good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
• You are resourceful and proactive, and bring energy and enthusiasm to all you do
• You are interested in the world of social enterprises / social impact
• You have first-hand experience (and/or lived experience) of social issues and are interested in how you can use that experience to contribute to social change
• You have an interest in research, impact and learning and are keen to develop a career within this field
Personal attributes and values
• You are motivated, committed, and with a deep empathy and connection to our mission and values
• You are able to balance working independently with the need to work as a team-member
• You demonstrate personal integrity and professionalism at all times
Research Analyst Intern
Terms: Six months internship - Full Time (part-time working would be considered)
Reports To: Senior Impact Analyst
Salary Band: Grade A - (£18,704 to £22,005 per annum pro-rata) + London weighting of £3,285 (per annum pro-rata) if applicable
Location: Due to Covid-19, this is initially an agile role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Once we start to re-open our offices for staff, you are welcome to use one of the UnLtd office hubs in London, Bradford or Birmingham, or a satellite office in Scotland or Northern Ireland. We welcome applications from anywhere across the UK and are open to discuss flexible working, including working from home.
(Please see the Job Description for more information please email or visit our website at ).
Interested? Here's how to apply
We would like to know a bit about you, your experience and what you can bring to UnLtd. We will ask you to complete a few questions about yourself and to attach 2 documents (the documents must be in Word format):
1. Your CV
2. A personal statement - This can be:
• A written statement (max 2 pages)
• A short video (max 3 mins)
Our system only accepts documents in a Word format. If you would like to submit a video for your personal statement, please attach a Word document for your personal statement with your name and an embedded link to your 3-minute
YouTube video (please ensure the relevant permissions are applied to ensure we have access).
In your application, we'd love you to tell us:
• About you - your skills, experience and personal qualities; [Max 300 words]
• Why you're interested in the role & what you hope to get out of it; [Max 300 words]
• About a piece of relevant research that you've either been directly involved with or you feel strongly about, and what you have learnt from it. [Max 300 words]
The main thing is you can demonstrate you have skills and attributes that relate to what we have said we are looking for.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
To apply visit:
• Application Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd March 2021 at 10am
• First round of interviews: Wednesday 10th March 2021
• Final interviews: (which will include a task): Tuesday 16th March 2021
*UnLtd is committed to offering employment opportunities for people with criminal convictions. As a result, we will only ask you about any criminal convictions at initial offer stage. Your information will be treated fairly and confidentially and will not automatically exclude you from the role that you have applied for.