Posted on Feb 23, 2021 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
£400pd | Remote/Blackpool | 6 months initial | Inside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented User Researcher to help improve a digital government product used by millions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Plan and design user research programmes, testing both high level concepts and specific aspects of the services as it is designed and developed.
- Work within agile project teams, providing, to the team, a focus on user centred design.
- Generate new and useful insights related to the department's users for the project team to leverage, ensuring where relevant that the insights influence design decision.
- Communicate the insights gained from user research outputs to both the project team and wider stakeholder, helping to enhance organisational understanding of the users that drives decisions and actionable recommendations.
- Maintain and develop relationships across the product teams, guiding the team in understanding research appropriates and insights.
- Prioritize and execute the end-to-end user research activities, this will include the scope, plan, recruitment, facilitating and also the driving of improvement in the service offered.
- Plan and conduct research that considers the diversity of users, keeping in mind access needs and the ethical nature of research.
- Conduct user research using a range of research methods, selecting the appropriate method, both qualitative and quantitative, depending on the requirements of the programme.
- Be responsible for improving your own learning, keeping in mind the need to consistently improve your understanding of the role and methods to be used.
- Work with other teams to understand and leverage existing research material that may add value to the teams research requirements and where necessary, conduct a gap analysis to fulfil the needs of the team.
- Be an active member of the user research community, manage and mentor associate user researchers to ensure quality of research, and drive improvements in practice.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong background within central government departments
- Extensive experience with GDS
- Demonstrable experience planning and conducting user centric and evidence-based research activities
- Able to convert research data into clear findings and communicate these to key stakeholders
- Strong experience developing appropriate research strategies and approaches
- Solid understanding of inclusive research, including a spectrum of users in appropriate research activities, and advocate for product values internally
- Familiarity conducting user centred design practice and work with commitment to agile and continuous iterative approach
This is an urgent requirement and my client is looking to move quickly for the right User Researcher.
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT ( (see below) ) or apply now for immediate consideration.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£380 - £380 Daily
£40k - £70k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£450 - £500 Daily
£60k - £85k Annual
£400 - £500 Daily
£51.1k - £57.6k Annual