Analytical Chemistry HPLC - Principal Scientist/Remote
Posted on Feb 23, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
We have an interesting requirement from one of our clients based in Belgium. Please find the job details below and it would be great if you are interested to proceed.
We are looking for Analytical Chemistry HPLC - Principal Scientist
NextLink Solution, a Swiss IT Consultancy Company that has been providing both IT services and IT staffing to major customers for the past 20 years, has an excellent opportunity that can take your career to the next level.
Job Title: Principal Scientist - Analytical Chemistry HPLC
Location: Belgium, REMOTE (EMEA)
Contract Duration: 10 month +
Remote Working (Off-Site/WFH): Yes
Travel Required % and how frequent Yes 10%
Language(s): English fluent
The Analytical Lifecycle Management team is responsible for the clients products worldwide. The principal scientist will work within the analytical section and support marketed OTC products primarily within EMEA/APAC but also globally. You will be in a regional team of 6 analytical colleagues and you will report to an Associate Director. The role will be in Helsingborg, but you will have extensive everyday contacts with external and internal manufacturers, CROs and colleagues all over the world.
Together with your colleagues you will provide desktop analytical support for a series of projects associated with the currently marketed OTC products.
Technical support will include but not be limited to:
- Support analytical test method troubleshooting
- Support analytical test method improvement and validation
- Support analytical test method transfers
- Manage CROs and other external partners
- Manage change control deliverables and CAPA activities relating to analytical testing and transfers
*What are the key technical skills that all candidates must attain?
To be successful within LCM Analytical Development, you need to be an innovative and a creative problem solver who can work independently, while managing multiple priorities successfully. The ability to influence others without direct line authority is highly preferred. You need to have both a team spirit and leadership skills. Strong written and oral communication skills are highly valued.
- Extensive knowledge on method validation of HPLC assay and purity methods;
- Knowledge of industry standards eg ICH/EU guidelines/Pharmacopeias' etc. and their application on various dose forms of OTC products is required for the role, eg tablets dissolution, stability indicating, specifications for degradation products, FDeg, gap assessments, etc.;
- As this person is the Analytical Representative in the teams, you need to have the seniority to make decisions.
- Minimum of Master of Science within a relevant chemistry or pharmaceutical area
- 5 + years of experience in an analytical laboratory role with a major emphasis on analytical method development, optimization and product testing
- Demonstrated experience and deep knowledge within HPLC/UPLC, dissolution and other major analytical techniques
- Able to grasp, understand and translate complex problems into explicit work packages
- Since the product portfolio is global, a broad knowledge of worldwide requirements is a plus. Activities are, to a large extent, outsourced and experience in working with contract development/research organizations is a merit.
Ps send your Cv to (see below)