Posted on Feb 22, 2021 by Sentinel
Detailed Job title: Analytics Engineer - Looker, Snowflake, AWS, dbt
Duration: Contract 12 months (inside IR-35)
Location: 100% remote
Salary: £400-600 per day
Are you a Looker SME? Have you got excellent LookML? Do you know best practice's for developing Looker?
Sentinel are working with a hyper-growth start-up organisation founded in the US they are now breaking into the global market. They are looking for a Looker Engineer to join their team for the next year to deliver a Looker space which can grow with the company and handle the 250+ users.
As the Looker Engineer you will be responsible for providing clean, tested, well-documented and well-modelled data sets.
- Data governance and auditing
- Creating data product for partners and 3rd parties off the back of new data model and scalable architecture
- Analysing the data structures and providing insights on the likely causes for changes in performance, as well as opportunities for improvement
- Developing tests and methodologies to proactively detect and correct data anomalies at source and/or manipulation
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone who has owned a Looker instance with large number of users and multiple models.
If you have a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- Strong Looker developer skills, with an emphasis on LookML modelling and overall project/model design
- Good knowledge of the Looker API
- Good experience working in Admin, with a understanding of; clustering, indexing, and PDT's
- Good practical understanding of version control
- SQL ETL/ELT knowledge, experience with DAGs to manage script dependencies
- Python coding skills, particularly in the areas of automation & integrations
- Experience with X is desirable
Alternative job titles: Analytics Engineer, Looker Dveloper
Your application with Sentinel
Sentinel is an award-winning technology recruitment and consulting company with offices in the UK, Czech Republic, and Switzerland. We work with global brands, ambitious start-ups, and leading recruitment outsourcers, ensuring access to exceptional talent through permanent, contingent labour, and statement of work services.
We aspire to provide great service to all applicants. If we think you're right for the role, we'll be in touch as soon as possible. If not, we'll keep you updated with other opportunities in your field.
To apply for this role or more information, please apply with your up to date CV below or email (see below) .