Lead Java Developer
Posted on Feb 22, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Lead Java Developer
Location: Athlone, Ireland
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Note: Client is sponsoring Visa for the right Candidate
- Requirement gathering and analysis.
- Design and Develop high quality solution.
- Take end-to-end ownership/responsibility of the project.
- Do effective code review to follow coding standards and best practices
- Contribute in all phases of development life cycle
- Mentor and groom team members from professional as well as technical aspects.
- Identify risks and plan mitigation action.
- Recommend changes to improve established Java application processes.
- Experience required: 7+ years
- Java 1.8, Spring (MVC/Boot), Hibernate, JPA, Microservices
- MySQL, Oracle
- SonarQube, Junit/Mockito
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Should be proficient in Java 8.
- Hands-on knowledge of Spring core, MVC, JPA and a working knowledge of Spring Boot.
- Good knowledge of Microservices.
- Work knowledge of REST API designing as well as development using Spring.
- Swagger based API development and documentation knowledge is good to have.
- Sound knowledge of JSON and XML.
- Basic understanding of authentication and authorization mechanisms for REST APIs.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Should have strong hands-on knowledge of Angular 4+.
- Well-versed with SQL and database concepts.
- NoSQL DB experience is good to have.
- AWS exposure good to have.
- Understanding of frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, etc., for implementing unit testing
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/bit bucket with Maven.
- Working knowledge of full life cycle and various SDLC methodologies to meet project goals.
- In-depth, knowledge of design issues and best practices.
- Ability to work within, deadlines and dynamic work environment.
What do we offer:
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment, short commute!
- We're a diverse bunch, over 60 nationalities on-site. Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Dynamic 600+ member sports and social club run activities & subsidized theatre, movie, swimming tickets
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers before they go live
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Laptop and mobile phone, tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
- Athlone is located beside a beautiful lake and an hour from Dublin
- Our bus links directly from the office through Athlone and bus/train terminal