Middleware DevOps Engineer - OpenShift
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Middleware DevOps Engineer - Openshift. The essential Function of this role is to install, configure, solve, and deploy applications in an enterprise container platform with primarily OpenShift. Any experience with Docker and kubernetes is needed but they must have OpenShift. Also needed is experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS).
- Install, configure, maintain, and deploy applications in an enterprise container platform (OpenShift, Docker, Cri-o, etc...) environments
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Utilize standard methodologies and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance required to meet agreed on SLA's
- Define, update and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 4+ years of validated ability working with Enterprise-level container or virtualization platform application delivery systems (Docker, Cri-o, OpenShift, VMware, etc...) required.
- Experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS)
- The ability to understand and construct Firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools (APM, App Dynamics, Dynatrace, etc...)
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Experience supporting Web Services API Standards, Tools and Technologies
- Experience developing automation scripts and tasks to drive efficiencies
- Experience working with Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
- Experience designing and managing complex systems
- Experience developing change, version, and configuration control management systems.
- Experience working with DevSecOps tools, practices, and methodologies
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum project methodologies