System Administrator - €400+ per day.
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
A dynamic and innovative provider of end-to-end IT services Dublin West/Kildare requires a System Administrator to work on a contract basis for 6-12 months.
With almost 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries, this company is recognized as an international market leader in this field and an outstanding employer.
They are looking for a candidate Advanced knowledge of and strong experience with Windows Server (2016) & VMware V-Center
This role comes with an attractive daily rate and the opportunity for further career development in an organization with a truly global reach. While the role was initially planned as on-site, it may be performed remotely until such times as Covid 19 restrictions ease when requirements will be reviewed.
Responsibilities of Role
- Administer internal and customer facing Servers, network devices.
- proactively manage and monitor server, storage and network (HP DL368 & DL380 Simplivity, 3PAR & Apollo Qumulo Configurations)
- Administer and support core HPE OneView & VMware technologies
- Update Implemented contingency plans
- Manage the monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- ensure project documented best practices and support procedures are adhered to and kept in line with customers procedures
- Assist with hardware and software cross training of customer team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016) & VMware V-Center
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Involvement of deployments/rollouts on the infrastructure
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration ? Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration experience
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall by phone or send current CV in MS Word format along with brief cover letter through this site. Only Candidates who meet all of the criteria set out above can expect a response.