Security Architect IoT/IIoT (Remote)
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by WA Consultants
Required for a remote-based contract, an IOT/IIOT Security Architect to provide design guidance, assess device hardware and software security, as well as perform ethical hacking activities. It is a technical cybersecurity and IoT role but you will need to demonstrate security architectural skills.
- Analyzing and assisting in the secure design and architecture of IoT devices and their associated software.
- Act as the overall IOT Security architect and responsible for both securing the landscape and raising awareness on why security and IT risk management is important.
- Conduct information security & risk assessments of IoT devices and their associated software using industry-standard tools and techniques to evaluate the security posture of these solutions and identify vulnerabilities.
- Assessing the security of cloud services used by IoT devices and work with identified risks to prioritize remediation activities.
- Defining the security requirements based on industry best practices and internal and external requirements.
- Working with software designers, developers, and testers to review, assist and recommend changes and solutions to address the security of Lenovo- and third party-developed devices and software.
- Providing vulnerability assessment and penetration test reports to key stakeholders and use those as a basis to get traction and prioritization.
- Producing reports to demonstrate assessment coverage and remediation effectiveness, and working with the product engineers and software teams to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
This role will require knowledge of security requirements for IoT/IIoT devices and their associated software, secure design practices, and broad knowledge of device and application vulnerabilities and how to exploit them.
- Experience from IOT/IIOT/ICS Security architecture (or similar role) for 3-5 years.
- Deep technical understanding on how IOT and IIOT capabilities are built together.
- Good in communicating and collaborating both with technical departments but also business units and customer-facing organizations.
- SME in risk assessments, threat analysis, vulnerability and exploits in the IOT, ICS area.
- Knowledgeable in writing guidelines and instructions as well as presenting material to CISO and senior management.
To arrange an interview, please email CV to (see below)
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.