Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
I am currently recruiting a Deskside Engineer to work a minimum of 6 months in Visp, Switzerland.
This position assists my client with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technologies.
Requirements for the Deskside Engineer position:
- Desk side engineer for technical support for Client End-Users and their networked computers and peripherals
- Interface with multiple levels of end users, management, VIPs and technical staff
Duties for the Deskside Engineer include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, Iphone, and LAN cable drops
- Swap-Out and troubleshoot software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommission
- Backing up and restoring user data where requested by the client.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist on Incident and Problem Management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and Service Requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk Incidents and Service Requests
- Performing asset inventory activities where requested
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain spare parts/inventory list monthly and coordinate for any disposal requisites
- Provide support, setup, test, training, logistics and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site
- Adhere to ticket response and resolution SLA's as agreed upon
- Understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing and sub netting & Basic understanding of fixing Wireless LAN, Ethernet desktop configuration issues
- Maintain the reliability and viability of the company's computers, computing systems, and network infrastructure
- Track server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system and network functions
- To assist in the installation of various computers, computing systems, networks, telecommunications and video components
- Ensure that server best practices are being met
- Contributing to preparing knowledge base article
Expected Engineer capability/Experience:
- At least 6-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
- Broad experience of IT with good understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
- Strong Client service skills
- Basic Background security check required
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
Technical qualifications requested for the Deskside Engineer position:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science related field or related work experience
- MCSA certification preferable
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows Server administration
- Experience of Cisco Products and hands-on in network administration needed
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.
Languages requested for the Deskside Engineer:
- The Deskside Engineer will be able to converse and communicate effectively (written and verbal) in both local language and English..
Interviews are taking place this week.
This role is suitable for a Deskside Engineer who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position and want to find out more about the project, please submit your CV for consideration.