Desktop/Field Services Manager
Posted on Feb 21, 2021 by HCL GB Ltd
- The Desktop Manager role performs all managerial functions including overseeing team daily operational responsibilities and project coordination.
- Team will consist of 3 Team Leads PC support technicians. The team is responsible for providing onsite IT support.
- This role sets direction on and develops metrics as they relate to efficiency, functionality and stewardship. This position will lead the development of reliable methods and implement desktop support improvements using Continuous Improvement.
- This responsibility will include initiatives outside of the primary daily Desktop operational responsibilities. Customer Service is fundamental to this position as is team leadership, coaching & development.
- This position will serve as an escalation point and will be asked to take a leadership role for critical situations.
- Provide daily on-site direction of Desk Side team activities- including monitoring individual work queues, assigning work and providing status updates, prioritization of tasks and coordination of resources, creating, understanding and enforcing policy, maintaining SOP and reliable method documents.
- Oversee Desk Side Project activities as it relates to Asset Refresh, office relocations, and department moves. Collaborate with Facilities project management to determine direction and need.
- Accountable to ensure the team is meeting defined Service Level Agreements, expected by dates, minimizing and evaluating breached and pended tickets. Monitor staff work and efficiency.
- Manages all aspects of the team, including hiring and performance evaluations.
- Develops partnerships with other IS teams to ensure efficient, effective and timely delivery of IT services.
- Escalation point for any Desk Side related incident requiring management involvement/review.
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory of hardware and supplies- ensuring Continuous Improvement methodology is used in daily management of par levels, including maintaining a current inventory listing of PC hardware across the environment.
- Recommends, tests and specifies PC hardware and software as technologies advance.
- Conduct rounding sessions with direct reports and ensure regular team communications including team meeting and managing daily huddles. Provide regular performance updates and coaching - provide active feedback of current staff performance.
- Manages support plan for Satellite PC Technicians to ensure regular visits
- Facilitate Daily Huddle and Ensure the visibility board are current including metrics and escalated issues.
- Maintain current inventory and asset management including listing of personal computer hardware, printer's peripherals and software.
- Coach and mentor on Continuous Improvement principles
This position requires minimum 5+ years of management level experience.
Minimum of 5 years' management level experience.
Customer Service experience also required. Should be proportional to or exceed Technical Experience.
ITIL Foundation Certified Preferred