Linux Engineer - (2nd shift)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
2nd Shift Linux Engineer - (Tuesday through Saturday 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm CST )
Salary: $80k to $100k plus 10% shift differential
Location: Chicago, IL
Must have excellent communication skills, Linux, Kernel I/O monitoring and Scripting This is a Real Time environment - they cannot be down.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes globally.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.
- Work on large infrastructure projects.
- Five or more years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Ability to write Shell and Python scripts.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Expected hours are Tuesday to Saturday 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm CST. There is some flexibility in the work schedule.