Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is looking for MQ Admin, and I wanted to know whether this would be of interest to you or not?
Position: MQ Admin
Duration: 12months +
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Rate: 600 CHF per day
- A Messaging Administrator is required to work within the global Middleware services organization to provide all levels of support to Messaging technologies like WebSphere MQ, Tibco EMS/EMS+, MQSeries, Tibco RV, Webmethods, Clarion, Qpasa, Naming Services & MBA Adaptors for day-to-day support of production and UAT/development environments.
- Mandatory to have patching experience with the aforementioned technologies.
- The successful applicant will be part of Global Middleware Service Delivery team and support day to day operations through monitoring, Chat, incidents, Service Requests & Change requests.
- A fixed 24/7 shirt Rota and weekend working as required, compliance with operational/change management etc.
- Collaboration with the INFRA teams & engineering/product management to ensure timely delivery of product updates/upgrades, cert renewals related to Messaging Infrastructure.
- "The role includes Setup, install, upgrade & migrate Messaging instances/Queue Managers on Unix/Linux environment, Creation, modification, deletion of existing MQ objects eg, queues, channels etc., Setup of
- MQ MQ communication, Security setup using SSL, Authentication setup using MQ OAM, Configuring and fine tuning the infrastructure as per the requirement, troubleshooting, fixing configuration related issues."
- Providing advice on client related escalations/issues/queries on best knowledge basis and promptly escalate to the INFRA teams & engineering when requiring their intervention. Planning and coordination application/infra failover during the major events like Infra weekend, BCM tests and power down activities.
- The successful candidate must have an excellent track record on Solaris/Redhat and associated network and Client Server technologies.
- Basic understanding of Tumbleweed/SFTP Administration
If you are interested in this position, please send me your CV ASAP for immediate consideration.
If you are not interested in the role but know someone that may be interested or a good fit for it, please help me and them out by sending me their details or them the details of this role so they can get in touch with me about it