Linux Systems Administrator/2nd shift
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This is a 2nd shift role, 2:30pm-10:30pm CST Tuesday thru Saturday*
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Linux Systems Engineer for server administration and application support. Candidate will use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes.
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude.
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning.
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements.
- Work on large infrastructure projects.
- Five or more years of experience managing a large 24x7 enterprise environment (hundreds of Servers, multiple sites).
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel (scheduling, networking, I/O, monitoring).
- Solid background in configuration management (puppet/salt, build RPMs, deploy updates).
- Ability to write Shell and Python scripts.
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies.
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail.
- Expected hours are Tuesday to Saturday 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm CST. There is some flexibility in the work schedule.