Systems Administrator (Full Time)
Posted on Feb 20, 2021 by West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET)
West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) connects K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profits to the Internet and the rest of the world through our state-of-the-art network and telecommunications expertise.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals provide guidance and training to educators and staff in higher education and K-12 schools. Our research and development of software, tools, and systems address problems and tackle challenges that are unique to West Virginia's public institutions and not-for- profits.
Position Title: Systems Administrator (Full-Time)
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting annual salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 and commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent, or closely related field.
- 5-7+ years VMware Administrators experience
- 5-7+ years Linux Administration experience
WVNET is seeking a Systems Administrator to provides support for the virtual Servers and infrastructure hosted at WVNET. This includes management of a Cisco UCS hardware environment, management of VMware virtual environment, and Linux & Windows Servers. The role will serve as the primary administrator of WVNET's infrastructure components but will also be required to provide support to WVNET's customers. This position is an on-call position that will require some work to be performed after standard business hours.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the hosted Cisco UCS environment at both the primary and disaster recovery site.
- Manage and maintain the Hypervisor environment at both the primary and disaster recovery site. This includes management of a VMWare environment and includes all components associated with it including hypervisor installation, virtual switch management, patching utilizing the vSphere update manager, and backups with the virtual storage console.
- Provide all levels of systems administration support for Linux, primarily in a RedHat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Provide direct or indirect support of web server technologies, such as Apache and Tomcat, and supporting database software.
- Utilization of automation systems (such as Puppet) for server management and consistency.
- Perform research and provide recommendations for optimization of existing infrastructure and potential future expansion including utilization of cloud resources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise format using narrative statements and logic.
- Ability to maintain current working knowledge of technical information on a rapidly changing field.
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions and technical manuals.
- Documentation capabilities to write end user and technical documentation and help files.
- Strong customer service and communication skills. Ability to make presentations and give demonstrations.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to: (see below)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.