Senior Test Engineer (Manual and Automation Testing)
Posted on Feb 19, 2021 by TEKsystems
This position is a hands-on quality assurance & tester - engineering role.
The team develops Back Office applications providing support to CRO operations & production activities. Activities supported includes Credit Risk and Market Risk functional domains.
They also support the compliance division.
You are expected to be a hands on tester with Back End system development expertise & being able to work as an individual contributor. You are expected to conduct manual testing as well as provide automation capabilities using testing frameworks like Cucumber & Selenium.
- Execute automated and manual testing on both Web Front End and Back End systems
- Run test validations at various levels including DB validation, rules validation, logging validation, and UI validation
- Work on issues reported by customers and internal teams and resolve them
- Provide feedback to base development, QA, and Support on how to improve the quality of the product
- Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in QA automation and/or programming and development
- Test automation Scripting (from scratch) is required. Open to various Scripting languages, but candidates must have a strong work history in a few different Scripting languages
- Strong object-oriented coding background. Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming languages
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and quality processes
- High energy; ability to manage in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Team-player, quick learner and proactive
- Experience in tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Behave
- Fluent in English.
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.