PowerBI -Developer - REMOTE - 5-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-
Posted on Feb 19, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "PowerBI Developer)" to start from ASAP an initial 5-month/90-w/day contract for an international Org' -client in ROME, where REMOTE work is possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
Our client is a world-famous international organisation in Rome and aims to pilot a number of automation technologies to address the use cases proposed by client staff. Our client generates substantial quantities of data each year, both structured and unstructured. This data relates to the running of the organization as well as the investment projects and grants. Additionally, there are extensive publicly available data sets from peer organizations or from specialist organizations relevant to client's mission. The approach of the Automation work stream is to develop pilots, to establish technical feasibility and proof of value using agile project methods and open-source technologies where possible. Over 100 potential use cases were catalogued in 2020. In 2021, the focus of this automation programme will be on strategic use cases focused on the use of data. Based on the outcome of the pilots the approach may be scaled up.
- Work closely with the ICT Data&Analytics-team to scope proposed use cases into deliverable self-service projects for the risk management office and the office of strategic budgeting.
- Analyse internal and external data sources to build effective data models.
- Identify key data extraction, transformation, and loading needs and support their standardization.
- Develop and implement various analysis, reporting and quality control capabilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure compliance with data governance, protection, privacy, and security requirements across systems and architectures
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop implementation roadmaps to address data-related technical problems and meet their data infrastructure needs
- Create data marts that are accessible for the power users and enable self service reporting.
- Train the power-users in building self-sufficient visualizations
- Support the deployment of the project and resolve and manage any issues raised post deployment
- Propose improvements for the project and solutions for scaling it up
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, public administration, management or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in applied analytics, business intelligence, information management or statistics
- Experience in using data to inform decisions, strategies and execution is required.
- Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications, particularly MS PowerBI or Tableau is required.
- Experience in tools managing version control such as Git is highly required.
- Experience with database or programming languages (SQL, Python, R)
- Demonstrable knowledge of data analysis life cycle from ingest and wrangling to analysis and visualization to present findings.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to convey complex/difficult data science topics to clients in a relatable manner.
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.