Cloud Specialist - Azure IaC
Posted on Feb 19, 2021 by Harvey Nash Group
Harvey Nash are working with a leading IT Solutions provider to recruit for a Cloud Specialist to join a growing IT services team here in Ireland. The role can be worked remotely from anywhere in Ireland or the UK with some expectation to be available to travel to client sites as and when required (Covid/Government/Travel restrictions permitting).
This is a hands-on role that requires both excellent communication and technical skills. As the Cloud Specialist, you will be responsible for driving technical strategy and delivery in the areas of Azure Public Cloud, DevOps, and automation for key customers across Ireland.
- Define and implement migration strategies from on-premise to Azure.
- Help customers on their journey towards maturity regarding Infrastructure as code, with assistance in designing, deploying, and operationalising IAC within enterprise organisations.
Essential Skills for success in this role, include:
- Strong working knowledge of Azure and Cloud Native environments.
- Good networking knowledge and experience in Azure.
- Experience in Cloud migrations, eg AWS to Azure, on prem to Azure, etc.
- Experienced with both Linux and Windows systems operation and administration.
- Automation: experienced in any of Python/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell or similar.
- Programming languages: proficient in any of Java/.NET/Go or similar.
- Experienced around designing resilient Cloud architectures, eg auto scaling, multi region deployment, etc.
- Experience in defining and configuration/setup of Azure Tenancy subscriptions etc
- Extensive experience in the use of infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc.
- Knowledge in Kubernetes, AKS configuration, implementation, monitoring and operations.
- Experience designing CI/CD solutions in Azure Devops or similar.
- Experience with databases, both relational (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, CosmosDB, etc) and database migration.
- Strong Communication skills. Fluent English.
- Strong Presentation skills: Ability to perform a Presales function, presenting to large customer groups, and an ability to host and drive customer workshops.
- Experience with securing Azure environments within the areas of identity & access management, threat detection, infrastructure protection, compliance & data protection.
- Certification with MS Azure at Solutions Architect level (AZ300 and AZ301) preferred.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you will be working in a highly visible and project focused cloud team as you aid to deliver enterprise level solutions.
If you are interested in this role or want to learn more, you can contact Aaron for a confidential chat or apply directly.