Java Developer - Spring Web GUI
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Client Server
Java Developer / Software Engineer (Spring Web GUI Science) Pioneering nanotechnology company dedicated to building and marketing next-generation mass spectrometry instruments is seeking a stand-out Java Developer to join their team of exceptional technologists.
The organisation is a key partner to the drugs manufacturing and chemical industry; converging cutting-edge areas of technology, engineering and science to remain at the forefront of innovation in their field.
They are seeking a skilled Java Developer to support the development of a new web GUI for the Mass Spectrometer, which is expected to eventually replace the existing Java Swing GUI. You'll also take ownership of adding new features to the Java application, supporting new hardware and enabling the instrument to be used in new environments and workflows.
You'll have the opportunity to construct an in-depth overview of the software you're working on, from fixing bugs to testing your code, refactoring code to improve the structure and recommend new tools for the job.
*Please note: this company is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process during the current social distancing measures. Going forward, you'll have some continued flexible work opportunities*
- You have a strong record of academic achievement, degree educated (2.1 or above) in Computer Science or discipline related to the role
- You have commercial experience as a Java Developer
- You have experience of developing with web technologies (must have Java Spring) MVC, HTML or similar
- You have a good understanding of multi-threading software
- You're familiar with source control tools, SVN/ Git and issue tracking systems, JIRA
- Interest in mass spectrometry/ chemistry is highly advantageous
As a Java Developer you'll earn a highly competitive salary (to £50k) plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this Java Developer / Software Engineer (Spring Web GUI Science) opportunity, apply now or get in touch today to find out more