Waste Management Consultant - South
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Vegware
London, United Kingdom
£30k - £30k Annual
Title: Waste Management Consultant - South
Salary: £30,000 per annum plus generous incentives including share options and pension.
Location: home based / remote working - within easy access of London and surrounding area
Sector: Eco-friendly packaging, supplying the foodservice retail sector, contract caterers, office supplies and the healthcare sectors.
Job Type: Permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Vegware is a dynamic and rapidly expanding Edinburgh based eco-friendly packaging company. We manufacture and distribute compostable catering disposables and food packaging. Vegware's products are made from renewable or recycled materials and are designed to be recycled with food waste through commercial composting. The Vegware range spans cutlery through to tableware, napkins, hot and cold drink cups, and takeaway packaging. We also offer tailored waste consultancy to help support our customers 'close the loop' after use.
The Waste Management Consultant - South forms part of Vegware's Environmental Team.
The Environmental team plays a key role in supporting the Sales team by providing expert waste management and environmental advice to customers and at client meetings to help win and retain new business, whilst working proactively to drive access to composting solutions for Vegware products across the UK, Europe and Global markets.
Duties and key responsibilities
Vegware brand, business development and client support
• Sales team support - participate in joint meetings and presentations. Guide on key target areas in line with waste knowledge. Provide input for business tenders.
• Proactively identify and act upon opportunities to drive Vegware's sales, particularly with biobag category.
• After-sale client support - deliver Vegware's environmental support services.
• Tailored waste consultancy - advise on best solution for used products and work with clients throughout the process using Vegware's '5 steps to zero waste' framework.
• Respond to environmental enquiries and contribute to Vegware's knowledge base to deliver best practice and great customer service.
• Represent the Vegware brand at relevant industry events, including public speaking and networking.
Waste sector knowledge capital and relationships
• Key liaison with organics recycling sector, maintaining knowledge base of, and driving forward closed loop solutions for Vegware products.
• Keep informed of developments within the organics recycling sector which are relevant to Vegware.
• Manage key relationships with waste sector partners, with a focus on the southern composting regions.
• Ad hoc EU client or country-specific waste research and tailored environmental client support.
You are enthusiastic, reliable, well presented, articulate and highly motivated individual.
You hold relevant qualifications to at least degree level in Environmental Sciences or Sustainability (or equivalent work experience), plus a minimum of two years working in a similar or relevant role.
You will have a good understanding of UK waste management practices and a desire to focus on organics recycling.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking skills, relationship management or sales experience and a genuine passion for the environment.
You have clear and concise written and spoken communication skills with the ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way to a range of stakeholders. You will need to be highly numerate with an eye for detail, and excellent Excel skills.
You will need to work well within the Environmental and wider Vegware team, providing rigorous environmental support to colleagues. As this role is not office-based you must be highly motivated and be able to thrive working alone and on your own initiative. You will enjoy engaging with Vegware's customers, waste partners and the wider sustainability community.
The role will involve frequent travel (as restrictions allow) to various client meetings, site visits, and relevant industry events, often involving public speaking. Such travel may involve overnight stays. You will also need to travel to our headquarters in Edinburgh periodically to meet with your team and attend internal events.
Whilst not a core requirement for the role, European language skills would be beneficial.
If you have the skills, passion, and commitment required, and are interested in developing your career with an ambitious and exciting company please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position to
Our core values are honesty, integrity, growth and profitability. We want our colleagues in Vegware to love being on our journey with us and that's why we offer a great pension, healthcare, reduced gym membership, a cycle to work scheme, and a free weekly yoga class.