Senior Business Analyst - Rail/Transport Industry
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Cognizant
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses
The Intelligent Infrastructure Programme is a wide ranging national Digital Transformation programme that will address some fundamental issues with whole life management of assets within the Rail Industry. It seeks to exploit the investment that has already been made in asset management systems and data capture methods.
This provides decision makers and end users with actionable intelligence to prioritise work that is most critical to the operation of the railway. It will facilitate a move away from time-based, fix on fail maintenance methodologies, to regimes based on prediction and automation. These will be delivered through remote and automated monitoring, advanced data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Engage with business stakeholders and conducting workshops for requirement elicitation.
- Business Consulting - Advisory Services, Process Consulting, Business Analysis.
- Ideating and conceptualisation of business pain points and translating them into requirements
- Creating the business requirements document including the non-functionals
- Creation of Process Maps (L1, L2,L3,L4) and undertaking gap analysis.
- Documentation of BRDs, FSDs, NFRs and RTMs
- Translating business requirements to Cognizant technical stakeholders
- Undertaking business impact analysis and training need analysis
- Conducting workshops for end user training and system acclamitisation
- Creating knowledge articles for team members
- Thought leadership and creation of IP that can be leveraged to drive non-linear growth and drive business outcomes. Drive the thought leadership agenda for the BU via white papers, webinars, social media interactions, and other such public forums
- Solutionising - Participate in client engagements (pursuits, projects, discussions) and own the Solutionising from a domain / business point of view
- Involve in RFP/RFI response preparation and submission (Business solution conceptualization), Proactive Proposal building for existing and new accounts, contribute towards winning new logos and projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at different levels within client organisation
- Ability to foresee risk, identify dependencies and managing them in advance
- Rail Industry experience
- Strong Communication Skills
- Team / interpersonal skills
- Analytical /Problem Solving skills
- Experienced and credible in economically regulated business scenarios, specifically airports.
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore model
- Experience in delivering complex projects on time/on budget
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button.