Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Henlow Recruitment Group
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Department: Technology & Data Science
A corporate and investment banking client of mine are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their rapidly growing technology and data science function.
- Put in place/maintain a robust Data Governance (Data dictionary, ownership, definition)
- Through smart automation, put in place control level 2
- Implement new data connectivity: internally with our affiliates and externally with market data provider
- Implement/maintain escalation process in case of data quality issue
- Document the database structure and update processes.
- Create and maintain KPIs for the overall platform.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in managing data program
- Database management - SQL
- ETLs such as Informatica Cloud
- Ability to manage APIs
- Expertise with SalesForce & cloud provider such as GCP
- Merise/UML methodologies.
- Programming - Java, C#, VBA or equivalent languages.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Self-directed learner, capable of working autonomously
- Ability to understand and assimilate complex business rules
- Analytical, critical and innovative thinking.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
- Curious, self-directed learner, capable of working autonomously.
- Ability to work within a team in a cross-functional agile development environment