Consenting Director (Renewables)
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
We are recruiting for a Consenting Director to join our award winning client in the Renewable Energy Sector in Edinburgh.
You will head the company's Consenting and EIA Department as part of the development and delivery of onshore renewable energy projects. Due to the nature of the role, the client is willing to consider candidates who can work remotely, with travel to the Edinburgh head office when required.
As a minimum, the successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of Onshore Renewable consenting processes and regulations in the UK. Wind and/or Solar Project Management experience would be desirable, as would experience of S36 scale projects.
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
* Manage the delivery of the planning phases for projects
* Complete pre-planning works (Screening and Scoping), complete all survey works, submission of formal planning applications, progress appeals (if required)
* Take responsibility for consenting project budgets and cashflow and ensure that the projects are delivered within agreed timescales and budgets
* Lead and advise on environmental surveys on EIA and non-EIA projects, utilising their knowledge of environmental and planning legislation across the UK
* Prepare proposals for consultancy and consultancy works and discuss new opportunities with prospective clients
The successful candidate will be self-confident diligent proactive willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues' clients and project teams.
By the nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail, as well as the following;
* Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities
* Capable of developing and building excellent client and community relationships
* More than 3 years post-graduate experience
* UK Driving Licence
* Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports and communications in English
For more information and to apply, please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy, Edinburgh