Junior/Mid-Weight Web Developer
Posted on Feb 18, 2021 by Venn Creative
We are looking for someone who is passionate about web development to join our team, with solid experience building websites - either as part of an agency or under their own steam.
If you know you can build fantastic websites, write clean, beautiful code and can work well in a team then keep reading.Requirements
This role is available to to anyone who has had experience building websites. We value potential as much as experience, so we are open to people at various points in their career, as long as they have had some experience with building things for other people. If you're not quite at the level we're after right now, consider our intern role.Minimum requirements:
- Passionate about code. We can't stress this enough.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, and the ability to work well in a team.
- Able to interpret designs into fluid, responsive and dynamic websites.
- Able learn code fast and adapt to new languages, frameworks, and methods of working.
- The ability to manage your own workload, prioritising and juggling various jobs at a time.
- At the moment we are working remotely, but once it is deemed entirely safe to return to work we would prefer it if you were able to work from our Falmouth office. However we will consider remote working for exceptional candidates, or people who are unable to travel to work.
- Ability to build integrations with APIs.
- Advanced skills with WordPress, WooCommerce, Gutenberg etc.
- Above average PHP, competent ES6 or back-end development skills.
- Experience setting up server environments and managing hosting.
Working for Us
Venn is a design agency that creates what a brand needs to excel. In our opinion, websites are too often an afterthought to the bigger picture, or seen as a separate job altogether. We believe that a beautiful website is as important (if not more) than a clever logo or a perfect piece of print (we do those too). When creating brands, we consider the whole, and this means building beautiful and highly functional sites for our clients, in house.
We are collaborative, we listen and we are open. We believe that you can be informal and professional, and are always working hard to create an environment that is fun, inclusive and relaxed. Working for us is becoming a part of a group of talented people; and from your first day you will be listened to, challenged and embraced as part of the team.
Applicants will be offered between £22 and £30K p/a depending on experience.
Venn is based in the beautiful seaside town of Falmouth. We are committed to creating a good work/life balance, a stable environment based around organic growth and favouring work/life balance over chasing profit. You will find that you will be working with a team that listens, learns and adapts to your needs. On top of that offer the following benefits:
- 28 Days Holiday P/A
- Additional, extended Christmas leave
- Large training budget
- Semi flexible working hours
At present our team is working from home, and it would be preferable for you to have the facility to do the same until it is deemed entirely safe to return to office life. We will supply you with a computer to work on (Mac).
If you are unable to work from home we do have the facilities for you to come and work from our office in a safe, socially distanced environment.
After it is deemed safe to return to work, we would prefer it if you could come and work from our office in Falmouth, however we will consider remote working for exceptional candidates, or people who are unable to travel to work.
Applications close on Monday 22nd February at midday.
If you want to get the job, we'd really strongly advise you click APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW to send:
- A covering email telling us why you want the job and why we should consider you
- Some sort of CV or resume outlining your experience
- Some examples of websites you've built or details of sites you've worked on if you can't share them
- References on request
We will be reviewing applications as they come in, and may employ before the closing date, so don't hang about.
No salary-commission agencies please. We may consider agencies if services are offered under a single, fixed, one-off fee.