DATA/IP NOC Engineer
Posted on Feb 17, 2021 by WDS Global Limited
Job Title: Noc Engineer - Snr
Location: Basingstoke - Remote
Job Type: Perm
Salary: £45100 pa plus 10% bonus and Excellent benefits
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with the experience of working in a blue-chip US multinational technology company, based in our Basingstoke or Crewe offices.
You will be part of a sub team of 3, within a larger team of 9. The core hours of work are Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:30, working 40 hours per week, with the option to finish at lunchtime on Fridays, known as "Flex4Fridays".
Responsible for providing customer facing support for issues disrupting their use of services, as well as surveillance of network and customer services across multiple technologies. The role is expected to ensure prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly when they do occur. Role will be included assisting with product and technology development opportunities.
Role will be involved in the training and onboarding of new staff and is expected to ensure prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly when they occur.
The Main Responsibilities
· Being the customer's technical advocate, striving to provide a positive customer experience irrespective of expertise, history or workload.
· Collaborating within team and across teams (specifically Service Desk, Tier III, ETOPS and eTSC) without preconception or assumption, striving only to serve the customer and their team.
· Managing workload and collaborating with peers on opportunity to assist
· Training and assisting wider NOC staff on new scenarios and situations.
· Assist in onboarding and shadowing new team members in wider NOC and PS.
· Seeking opportunity to improve the customer experience and reduce customer effort both on a case by case and wider perspective.
· Supporting development and launch of new products and technologies, becoming a Subject Matter Expert where applicable.
· Proactively seeking opportunity to promptly resolve complex issues.
· Acting as a technical focal point and conduit to Tier III support for the most complex issues
· Continual personal development - technicians are responsible for ensuring their skillsets are updated and adapted in line with technological and industry trends.
· Expected to develop a specialist knowledge in a small number of key subject areas, and a broad capability for the key products and services.
What We Look for in a Candidate
· Requires an advanced understanding of IP networking specifically Cisco and where possible Nokia/Alcatel and Juniper demonstrated via certification and operational experience.
· Experience working on Data/IP networks within an operational environment; completing 2nd level diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors.
· Demonstrative experience in Incident Management and Service Operations environments.
· Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities.
· Self-motivated and creative thinker.
· Deadline driven and detail orientated.
· Microsoft Office intermediate experience (Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint).