Front End Developer in Interactive (Entry Level)
Posted on Feb 17, 2021 by Cognizant
Are you interested in a career driving digital for the new age?
Cognizant Digital Business interactive is focused on helping our clients navigate the shift to digital. Utilising in-house capabilities across Content and user experience driven digital Strategy and Design, our aim is to help our clients create new value, differentiation and revenue in the new digital economy. Working across all industries our multi-disciplinary team of social scientists, design thinkers, creative technologists, engineers and strategists think deeply and deliberately about the futures our clients will create and how we can develop solutions to support that by building new products, new services and new business models.
Our graduate analysts will be working in a team of developers working on front end solutions such as web, mobile apps as well as web content management.
Typical day to day responsibilities for this role will include:
- Front end development for web applications using HTML5, CSS, advanced Java scripting, Angular JS, React JS
Skills and competencies
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Good understanding about software development using any of the web technologies
- Good understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of Object oriented concepts
- Good understanding of Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Good understanding of User Experience Design (UX)
- Good to have understanding of CSS Pre Processors such as SCSS, LESS
- Good to have knowledge about Single page application (SPA)
- Experience in any of the frontend framework / library such as Angular, React, JQuery etc is a plus
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Articulate and justify conceptual ideas and solutions to clients and internal teams
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems
- A 2:1 of above ideally in a STEM focused degree subject with demonstrable interest in technology
- Exposure with agile engineering practices including Continuous Integration, Test driven development and opportunistic refactoring
- Personal drive to stay updated with the latest web application technology trends and practices
- A passion to build and ship engaging, innovative web applications to market quickly
Training, Support and Coaching:
A fully rounded training programme tailored to Cognizant Interactive Graduates have been setup, focused on on-boarding the graduates through necessary crafts and proving necessary business context.
As per the project tech stack you will be trained on any framework like Angular, React or Ember JS along with project specific training for 4 to 6 weeks. This will be followed by a 4 to 6 week on-boarding trainings with the project team, who you will be joining. This will cover specific frameworks and technologies required for delivery of projects.
We follow a collaborative and associate specific development plan, aligned to the crafts and communities they belong to. We will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
• A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services providers worldwide
• A challenging international environment
• Benefits package
• Based in Ealing with occasional travel to Paddington
For now this role is remote due to the pandemic but you will be required to be geographically flexible in the furture. You will be required to work at any of the following locations subject to client demand: Staines, Crawley, Milton Keynes and Dunton.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£80k - £100k Annual
£73.5k - £73.5k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual