Clothing Warehouse Associate
Posted on Feb 17, 2021 by thredUP
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
$15.5 - $16 Hourly
In 2009, thredUP set out to make used clothes the new normal and create a more sustainable future for fashion. The company designed a modern resale experience that took the work and risk out of thrift, and converted a generation of secondhand skeptics to fans. Sellers send clothes directly to thredUP by the bagful, and buyers shop quality-checked items from over 35,000 brands at steep discounts. To power this marketplace, thredUP built an infrastructure that has recirculated 100 million unique garments via proprietary technology, data and logistics. thredUP most recently expanded its platform with Resale-as-a-Service (RaaS) to power resale for the world's leading fashion brands. As a circular fashion pioneer, thredUP is reducing fashion's impact on the planet and unlocking economic value for consumers and brands alike.
What will I be doing as a Clothing Warehouse Associate?
- Pick/Pack (Outbound): Have you ever seen a closet that has over 500,000+ items in it? Guess what, now you can! You will be using state-of-the-art equipment to pick items to be shipped. You will also take packing to the next level! Take pride in delivering an exceptional customer experience by packaging each box with a presentation like you've never seen before.
- Image Processing: Lights-camera-action! You will be styling and photographing all of the items that will be uploaded onto our website. Teamwork makes the dreamwork. In this role, you will be working seamlessly with others to ensure we are meeting our productivity
- Merchandising/Itemization (Inbound): Keeper of our closet. We can't (and don't!) accept every piece of used clothing that's sent to us. You'll be acting as quality control to keep our online inventory in tip-top shape. (Don't worry - we teach you quality standards during training). Do you have strong attention to detail? Your skills will be critical in this role.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- If you don't like spending your days in a cubicle, this is the perfect position for you! You'll be on your feet the entire shift. You must be able to bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
- Fly by the seat of your pants. Our processes are subject to change, so you need to be flexible and willing to adapt when things shift.
- iSavvy. This may not be a desk job, but you should be comfortable using touch screen computers, scanners, iPods, cameras, and similar devices with on/off switches and glowing screens.
- No "i" in team. You have worked with others in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments. Past coworkers would describe you as reliable and a team player.
- Look on the bright side. You work hard and stay positive, even on tough days. Devil is in the details. You pay attention and understand the importance of accuracy.
What's the environment like?
- No forklifts, no hard hats, no steel-toed boots. This isn't your typical warehouse job.
- No face-to-face customer interaction (But we are always thinking about ways to delight our customers).
- Silence is deadly (and boring). Plan on hearing music while you work. Trust us, it keeps things much more fun and lively.
- Dressing to the nines…isn't necessary here. Wear what you need to be comfortable and productive in. Think jeans, t-shirts, and supportive closed-toe shoes.
- Enjoy our recognition program that allows you to give and receive positive feedback to earn some seriously cool thredUP swag!
- Grow with us! thredUP values the development and growth of each employee professionally and personally. In fact, many of our leaders have been promoted from within!
Okay, show me the money...
- We have set full-time schedules. Sorry, we cannot accommodate any adjusted schedules at this time.
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday 7:30pm - 6:00am starting at $15.50/hour OR Friday- Sunday 6:00pm- 6:00am starting at $16.00/hour
- We pay weekly!
- Takin' care of business. And working overtime (aka your work schedule may include extra days when needed).
- We've got you covered. thredUP offers Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance plans available as early as your first day with us.
- Love a good sale. That's right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices. Spend responsibly.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
- At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
Our legal team made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year criminal background check.
We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.