Technical Writer - Remote/London - Contract
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Writer - Remote/London - Contract (6 months with possible extensions)
If you're a writer with an interest in gaming and want to get involved with the technology behind it, we have an excellent opportunity to join our world leading software client's technical documentation team.
In collaboration with software engineers, QA engineers, product managers, product marketing and other technical writers, you'll focus on creating and editing a range of user-facing documentation for games developers. This will include written tutorials and reference guides with some API/SDK/GDK documentation. You will also get to work on command-line help, web UI copy, blog posts, technical diagrams and more.
- Experience writing technical content for technical audiences such as developers.
- Good editing experience.
- The ability to learn about complex technical topics and explain them clearly.
- An understanding of how code works (you can look at code, understand what's happening and ask developers sensible questions!).
- Experience reviewing other people's writing and giving constructive feedback.
- You'll be comfortable working in Agile software development environments.
- Experience creating step-by-step tutorial-style learning materials.
- Coding experience or the ability to write code snippets.
- Markdown and GitHub.
- Background in working with software for developers.
This is a six month contract with possible extensions. Remote working is available but it would be great, however not essential, if you could visit the London office 1-2 days per week after COVID restrictions have been lifted.