Data Centre Engineer - Amsterdam
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by NP Group
Data Centre Engineer
NP Contact: Ed Arkin
Job Reference: 12327
Rate: €220 per day
Start Date: March 2021
Key requirements include:
My client, requires a Data Centre Engineer to run and maintain systems, as well as get involved in laying down and patching cables. You will need to have previous commercial experience, within a Data Centre environment where you will have gained strong knowledge of cabling, patching, server racking and dealing with back-ups.
- Primarily focused on day to day Data Center, Server & Network hardware break-fix & large scale infrastructure build and deployment within tight deadlines.
- Responsible for troubleshooting connectivity issues with copper or fiber cabling.
- Provide technical communication pertaining to configurations in a concise, professional manner.
- Possess good knowledge of internal ticketing systems to provide proper customer service.
- Must identify and resolve complex server hardware failures to include the replacement of failed hardware components.
- Receive, track and deploy server and network hardware.
- On site spares stock control, tracking and monitoring
- Perform installation, racking, and cabling services for Servers and network infrastructure, both personally and through smart hands services
- Follow and implement processes and procedures that improve stability, performance and availability.
- Update and Maintain data center documentation including port maps, rack layouts, PDU management and asset management thorough our DCIM and Power management tooling.
- Possess sound knowledge of operating systems, networking and security
- Ensure established policies and procedures are followed and compliance requirements are met.
- Implement data center and infrastructure solutions that address growth, risks and scale in support of organisations business plans.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across many organizations and various levels.
- Provide on-call support for off hours data center escalations
- Perform regular scheduled out of hours maintenance window support
- Oversee co-location Smart Hands services
- Perform maintenance on Servers & network infrastructure, including physical parts replacements.
- Possible travel to other Data Center locations to assist with projects as needed.
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ Years working within a high availability & high security Data Center environment.
- Experience following and implementing large scale technical infrastructure rollouts within a Data Center environment.
- Data Center,Network/Server troubleshooting and hardware break-fix experience.
- Previous experience following and maintaining Data Center industry best practices.
- Hands on expertise and experience with data center physical layer, racking and hardware maintenance.
- Cable management to an extremely high standard with attention to detail.
- Industry standard knowledge for copper and fiber cabling within data center environment.
- Data Center documentation and asset tracking (Jira, Confluence, Visio, DCIM, etc)
- Juniper/Cisco/Dell or HP hardware experience advantageous.
- Ability to plan and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work at heights, lift server & network hardware regularly.
- Systems & Network deployment experience is a plus (Junos, IOS, Network and system build tools, etc).
- Proficiency in Linux, preferably CentOS desirable.
- This role may require travel throughout the US & EU on occasion.
NP Group is an award winning international recruitment organisation focused on solving the challenges both clients and candidates face, in a different way. Specialising in technology, NP Group partner with some of the most recognised, innovative and inspiring business across the globe. NP Group's Strategic Workforce Resourcing, Talent Solutions and Executive Search business units use specialist knowledge to genuinely solve clients and candidates' recruitment problems. NP Group have been recognised by Best Companies as 'one to watch' and are in the Recruiter Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing UK recruitment companies.
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.