Global Program Communication Manager
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by ITech Consult
Global Program Communication Manager - Pharma/Life Sciences experience, Digital Transformation, Change Management, English and German
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Global Program Communication Manager.
As a major component of Pharma Research and Early Development the One-D Program is responsible to deliver Digital Transformation throughout the organisation. The program consists of 6 work streams which support differing technologies and approaches to deliver the required transformation.
As the Program Communications Manager, you will be part of the PMO supporting the One-D program lead providing communication support at both work stream and program levels. You will be accountable for driving the development and implementation of global, internal and external communications for the program within the overall program framework. You should deliver integrated communication program that engage employees and excite external stakeholders around the One-D program This will include driving the content strategy, channel strategy, change communications, issues management, and executive communications counsel to senior leaders, all with a strong focus on digital and social communication approaches.
While being a top candidate for this challenging and exciting role, you should provide us with a
proven record of accomplishment in your communication expertise, especially in social and
digital. You are a strong team player with cross-cultural communications experience and aiming
towards successful collaboration with all levels within the organization.
You will be a critical member of the pRED Communications team to ensure aligned content
Areas of responsibility:
* Development and implementation of communication to drive the strategic requirements of the program and pRED in support of delivering the scientific portfolio, including scientific reputation, internal culture shifts, change and issues/reputation management.
* Ensuring communications flow within the One-D program, implementation of communication plans for all work streams and overall program and working with PMO works stream leads to direct communications effort where most needed.
* Ownership, development and delivery of the One-D editorial and channel management strategies with a focus on digital and social channels.
* Critical member of the Global pRED Communications community to ensure all activities are appropriately positioning One-D and pRED, in all corporate communications.
* Providing counsel and supporting delivery of executive communications, change communications, and issues & crisis management.
* Developing strong networks communications communities to enable aligned communication strategies.
Professional and technical requirements:
* Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or other relevant experience
* 8-10 years of experience in communications methodologies for small and large organizations
* Excellent professional communications skills and outstanding digital and social media competency
* Pharma/Life Sciences experience with strong understanding of healthcare and R&D processes
* Demonstrable experience creating impactful communication programs internally and externally
* Min. 7 years proven professional experience in Digital Transformation and Change Management
* Highly skilled at producing creative content, with experience in video and graphic work an advantage
* Fluency in both English and German
Nice to Haves:
A passion for science; a scientific qualification is an advantage
* Excellent influencing and negotiating skills: proven abilities to influence without authority
* Excellent writing skills and creative thinking to be able to translate complex topics into simple,
engaging communication campaigns
* Excellent interpersonal and partnering skills: proven abilities to work effectively and efficiently in
cross-functional, Matrix environments and build collaborative relationships
* Excellent consulting skills: active listening, ability to quickly extract and summarise key
information to provide appropriate insights and recommendations
* Strong team player, highly collaborative with a 'can-do' attitude
Reference no: 920076 AD
Role: Global Program Communication Manager
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 18 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.