Principal Supplier Engineer
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 by Real Staffing Group
Position: Principal Supplier Engineer
Location: Ballybrit, Galway
Benefits: Excellent career progression, Salary, pension, healthcare, yearly bonus, subsidized canteen and opportunity to join an amazing team.
- Develops, establishes and maintains quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices which met, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides direction to and leads a team of supplier quality engineers.
- Act as a SME on the supplier quality system.
- Serves as a Quality representative to improve awareness, visibility, and communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities.
- Provides focused quality engineering support within new product development
- Operates as part of a global supplier quality team collaborating across the network of sites in providing and maintaining a supplier base to service a world class medical device business.
- Exercises a high degree of technical autonomy through developing and managing an efficient and effective supplier quality management system which complies with all current medical devices standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485 and MDD.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the management of the supplier base plus additional programs/projects from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Provides guidance and leadership in the execution of the all aspects of the supplier management system:- SCARs, SCIA, Material Qualification, Supplier Assessment, Calibre Programme .
- To lead system improvement teams using a variety of different methodologies and selecting appropriate techniques for problem solving and process improvements.
- Has overall responsibility for generating project deliverables and timeline with specific milestone inputs from the responsible individuals within the team.
- Develop of and monitoring of adherence to master plans, schedules, and elevation to stakeholders and leadership team, as appropriate.
- Facilitation of supplier quality management in other areas of the organization.
- May provide dedicated supplier engineering support and leadership to specific corporate projects and initiatives, ie Acquisitions, Transfers and Integrations, EU-MDR Adoption & Alignment
A level of travel will be expected in the role
- NFQ Level 8 qualification in a relevant discipline with minimum 8-10 years' experience in a relevant area.
- Working visa for Ireland
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Experience in leading and directing programmes and teams
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.
- People Management experience is essential
- Travel will be part of this role
Would you be interested in hearing more about this opportunity?
If so forward an up to date CV or call me at anytime and we can discuss this opportunity further.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales